Chapter 1

POV: Liam Payne

I woke up at exactly 3:15 AM. This is the third day in a row this week. The same exact time. I can't get her face out of my head. She's all I think about now. I'm off my game. I can't focus. I need to stop thinking about her.

I just stared at the ceiling. I studied the patterns in the material. The patterns started to form something. Her face. I sat up on my bed and I rubbed my face. Since I'm on holiday, I should be getting all of the sleep I can get. I wish I could.

I got up and went into the large kitchen. I looked around. The floors are a deep mahogany color. The cabinets and table were black. The counter tops were a black marble. It was spotless. I made the boys clean up their mess before bed. Especially Niall. God, that boy...

I went and got a glass from one of the cabinets and filled it with water. I downed it in two seconds. I really need to stop thinking about her. She wasn't any of my business. We don't even know each other. Why should I care about her? I have plenty of other things to worry about besides her.

***Flashback***

I'm standing at the stage entrance along with the boys. We're getting ready to begin the concert. I couldn't be more excited. I love preforming. The fan's reactions make as we enter the stage. The screaming and the yelling, all because of us. I'm grateful that we can give that feeling to the fans, that we actually make them feel important.

"You're going on in two." The concert director said.

"Ready boys?" I asked.

"Hell yeah!" Harry yelled.

"Then let's do this!"

***End of flashback***

Something interrupted my flashback.

"Liam?" I turned around to see Zayn staring at me with concern in his eyes.

"Hey." I looked at him. His hair was a mess. I felt bad for waking him up.

"What are you doing up?"

"Getting a glass of water."

"Are you alright? You never wake up in the middle of the night. You've done it the passed three days now." You could hear the genuine concern in his voice.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. You should get back to bed." I lied. I didn't want to worry him. We're on holiday, to relax and have fun. I didn't want to ruin it for him.

"Are you sure. If there's something wrong, Liam, you can tell me."

"Yeah, it's fine Zayn. Go back to bed. I'm going in a minute."

"Okay..." He seemed reluctant.

"Zayn, I'm fine. Trust me. I'm okay. If there was something wrong, I would tell you. You're my brother, right?"

"Right."

"Go back to bed. I'm on my way now." I started to walk back to my room.

"Okay. Night, Liam." Zayn said, standing in his doorway.

"Night, Zayn."

All I did for the next hour was stare out of the window at the sea. It was beautiful. Like her. The moon shining against the water. The sound of the gentle waves crashing against the shore. The sound of them finally carried me to sleep.