Chapter 15

The next few days were hectic. Destiny had decided not to tell Josh about their visitor. It may have been a mistake, but this time the threat was directed against her. Josh loved the fact that Destiny had the presents wrapped, especially since he didn't get in until after midnight.

Christmas Day came and it was all a blur to Destiny. She rose at six with Josh, showered, collected the necessary items to go and before she knew it, she was pulled into the wonderful Kiszka family. She couldn't recall how many people she met, certainly couldn't recall all the names, but felt their genuine love and caring for each other. It was in everything they did.

Danny Wagner showed up at one, was given a plate as soon as he came through the door, and melded right into the Kiszka clan like he was one of them. Destiny could not remember eating, laughing, or talking so much in her life. The day was truly magical.

Destiny and Josh finally left at nine-thirty. They had a car waiting and as soon as they were in, Josh leaned his head back against the seat and closed his eyes. He was a bit high from drinking Salty Dogs, but he did love them so. Vodka was his drink of choice. Destiny was glad to see him relaxed for once.

They didn't talk on the way back to the hotel, but Josh held her hand and did not let go until they had gotten back to the hotel. They enlisted the help of the bellman and took the gifts up to their suite. Destiny was leery of what they would find, but all was well.

Josh flopped on the sofa. His eyes found Destiny, who was busy putting coats away. Josh said, "Hey, forget that and come here." Destiny walked over to him and he took her hand and pulled her down beside him. He leaned over and kissed her, meaning for it to be a soft kiss, but the moment their lips met, the kiss became a thing of fire. They never made the bedroom. About an hour later, when both lay naked and entwined on the sitting room floor, Josh exclaimed, "Oh! I have a gift for you" and he started to rise from the floor, but Destiny pulled him back.

"It'll keep unless it's cheese. Hold me some more, it's cold and you're so warm." Josh rolled her to her back and supported himself over her. He looked into her eyes a long while, and then kissed her long and deep. "I love you seems inadequate for the way I feel about you."

She stared at Josh, too, and her eyes became luminous with tears. "Oh, darlin', don't cry" said Josh nuzzling her cheek. Destiny sniffled a tiny bit and said, "Happy tears, Josh, happy tears."

Josh kissed her quickly and rose before she could complain. He hurried into the bedroom, grabbed the comforter from the bed and brought it into Destiny. As she was arranging the comforter around her, she heard Josh rummaging in duffel he had brought with him. He came back quickly and slide under the comforter with Destiny who was now sitting up.

He grinned as he looked at her and said, "Merry Christmas." He put a black velvet box with a big red bow in her hands. She returned his gaze and squeaked a bit. She slowly raised the lid of the box and nestled inside was a diamond pendant in the shape of the infinity sign.

"For as long as my love for you will last", said Josh solemnly. Now Destiny did cry as he clasped the necklace around her neck. The pendent hung just below her medallion. Destiny hugged Josh tightly.

"I have a gift for you, too, but it's nothing so grand..." Josh put his fingers to her lips. "As long as it's from you, I'll cherish it." Destiny cleared her throat and reached for her purse which she had dropped on the chair across from the sofa.

She pulled out a small leather box and handed it to Josh. "Merry Christmas" she said as he raised the lid. He pulled out a medallion the exact same as Destiny's accept it was in gold. He put it on and watched as it fell to the center of his chest.