Chapter 8

When Y/n finally came to, she tried to lift up her right hand. When she felt a dull pain on her wrists, she looked down and noticed that she was bound, the tight metal cuffs bruising her skin with every movement. She glanced up and observed her surroundings. She was in a dark room, and the interior was black, paired with minimal lights, which were emitted through columns in the walls and on the ceiling. As her senses started returning to her, she could smell the acrid scent of blood, mixed with sweat. She started struggling, and tried to escape.

         "That wouldn't do you any good. I would advise you to stop." Y/n's attention was drawn to the source of the voice. She traced it back to a man, who stood straight in a dark corner. Y/n hadn't noticed him there. And why was it familiar?

          As the mystery man stepped out of the shadows, Y/n managed to look at him. He had short, red hair swept back with an intense amount of gel. His seafoam-green eyes were sunken in, and there was a hint of battleship grey decorating his iris. Dark circles formed at the bottom of his eyes, and his gaze was set upon Y/n. She studied his face for a while, before coming to a conclusion that shocked her.

         "Armitage? What- You're here? I thought-" Y/n was speechless. Sure, she knew that he was probably still alive, but not as an officer. She had thought that with his slightly rebellious attitude towards her, that he would have found a way to escape, not follow his father's wish of becoming a military officer working for the Empire, or the First Order. "What are you doing here?" "I could say the same to you. It wasn't very wise, yelling in Ren's presence." He gazed into Y/n's eyes, and continued, "I came in here to warn you that Ren will be interrogating you, but you can speak up now if you have anything to say. Saves the time and trouble for both of us." He glanced up at Y/n again, and waited for her answer. When none came, he shook his head, and turned around to leave.

            "Where is Poe?" Y/n questioned, ignoring his previous words. He spared her one last emotionless glance, which didn't help. If anything, it made things worse. He strode out of the room, and was replaced by the same hooded figure she saw before.

          "Where is the location of the Resistance base?" Kylo stood in front of her, and the mask he wore was a few centimetres away from her face. If looks could kill, Kylo would have been dead by now. She was still furious at Hux, and she took it out on him silently. However, the Knight of Ren did not care. After a moment too long, he stuck out his hand and Y/n felt a tremendous pressure work its way from the back of her mind. She clenched her fist and her breathing quickened, the force of whatever he was doing hurt her, and she felt him sifting through her mind.

          "Interesting. You're from Arkanis, and you attended an Imperial Academy. Pity. You have great potential as a First Order officer, yet you chose the wrong side." As Kylo continued, the pressure got stronger, and Y/n convulsed violently as it did. She couldn't feel her body, yet it hurt so much, and she wanted it to stop. She couldn't stifle her pained yells, and she felt herself thrown back against the hard metal before her vision turned black.

Armitage heard whatever had happened in the interrogation room, as he was situated outside, and he felt bad for her. He couldn't do anything about it, she was his enemy now. Suddenly, the communication device in his belt beeped, the red light on top blinking in regular intervals. He grasped it and placed it against his ears.

"Sir, a prisoner has escaped! We need you at the bridge!" A frantic voice sounded from the device. He recognised it as Lieutenant Mitaka's. He spared one last glance at the room which had become strangely silent, and he raced towards the bridge.

A stormtrooper had helped Poe to escape, and he really wanted to go back and break Y/n out as well, but he didn't know where she was held, so he decided to get help back at the base.

Y/n's unconscious form was clumsily dragged to a holding cell by a stormtrooper. He tossed her in the dark and cramped quarters before activating the jail cell, leaving Y/n in an uncomfortable position, sprawled on the surface of the cold hard ground.