twenty-three

Willa and Marisol respectively kissed Fred and George

Willa and Marisol respectively kissed Fred and George. The two couples were a couple feet away, having their own hushed conversation.

"When this is all over, let's get married," George suggested.

Willa raised an eyebrow. "Is this a new way of proposing? No ring in the middle of a war?"

He rolled his eyes but brought her hand up to kiss her knuckles. "You bet it is. I'll make it the new Weasley tradition. So, what do you say?"

"I'd like to get married eventually. Don't you think it's too early?" she asked.

"We're in the middle of a war. We should live like any moment's going to be our last."

She sighed and kissed George's knuckles in return. "Then, yes, let's get married. We'll have it at Burrow. Alicia will be my maid of honor. Marisol and Angelina can be my bridesmaids."

"Fred will be my best man. Jordan and Charlie can be the groomsmen," added George.

The two smiled. George leaned down to press his forehead against hers.

"You ready?"

She nodded. "I'm ready."

The two walked over to the railing, looking at the lights on the barrier around Hogwarts. Fred and Marisol joined them. Fred and George stood next to each other.

"You okay, Freddie?" George asked.

"Yeah."

George looked at him and bumped his elbow with his elbow. "Me too."

They both smiled.

"Why are you two smiling?" Willa asked. "Honestly, at a time like this."

"Why not? This very well may be our last moment living," Fred replied.

The others stared at him in disbelief before Marisol slapped the back of his head. His head jerked forward harshly.

"What the fu - what was that for?"

"For being stupid," Marisol retorted.

"We aren't going to die, you git," said Willa. "We'll live. We'll live happily ever after - all of us."

George chuckled. "Yeah, Fred. Don't be such a party pooper."

Fred and Marisol shared a look before looking at the other couple and smiling.