Happy Birthday

—

Madison

I wake up without Jack by my side. I groan in annoyance and check my phone. It was 10:00 a.m and let me tell you I am not a morning person at all. If it were up to me i'd sleep in until 2 or 3 in the afternoon.

I also forgot to mention it's my birthday.

He probably left for work, but he also left a small note on my nightstand wishing me a happy birthday. He was CEO of a sports company. I never really questioned him on his work. He'd always come home, stress out, work more, eat, and sleep. Sadly that was the routine my life got used to.

I hear an incoming text.

Maybe: Kehlani
Hey, it was nice meeting you tonight. Heard it was your birthday so happy birthday!

I bit the inside of my cheek nervously. I had no idea whether or not I should reply so I did the polite thing and did.

Me:
Nice meeting you as well :) thank you.

I close my phone and walk downstairs to make myself some breakfast. I didn't have a class today so I was extremely happy. I made myself some eggs and bacon while dancing around the kitchen to a Selena Gomez song.

I swear most of her music gives me the energy I never knew I needed. I honestly, spent most of my day watching Netflix on the couch until I got a call from Jack's mom.

"Hi Ms.Parrish" I speak through the phone.

"Madison, hi. I was wondering if you wanted to come shopping with me and the girls" I agree to her invitation and go get ready. I really had nothing better to do anyway so why not? I was spending my 22nd birthday alone.

I got ready in a simple long black t-shirt and some leggings. I slipped on a pair of red vans and straightened my hair a bit. I really just touched it up.

I get a text from Kehlani stating she was here. I walk downstairs and lock the door behind me as I exit my home. I see his mothers car parked out front. I open the backseat and see Kehlani sitting there. "Hi" I say to everyone.

"Hey" Kehlani smiles at me and looks back down at her phone. "Guys, I thought we were headed to the mall" A smirk pops up on Valentina's face letting me know we aren't going to the mall. I don't know what they were up too but I definitely know I was left out of it.

We arrive to a bar. I get down. Kehlani comes from behind me and covers my eyes. "Keh-" She cuts me  off. "Shut up" She leads me inside the bar where it's quiet. When she removes her hands I hear a huge "SURPRISE" Jack was waiting for me at the end of the bar.

I smiled at him knowing this was all his idea. He looked proud of my reaction. "What do you think?" He asks when I reach him. I kiss him softly causing him to smile. "I love it" I look around and see myself being surrounded by tons of friends and family.

After saying hi to them all I grab my first drink for the night. Kehlani stood next to me. "Don't get to drunk birthday girl" I scoff and shake my head. "I can hold my liquor believe me" She leaned against the counter and nodded with her hands up in defense.

I stared at Jack who was talking to some of my family members. It made me happy how well he gets along with them.

"Ew stop staring at Jack" Kehlani jokes around. "I am not staring" I gripe. She rolls her eyes at me before ordering two tequila shots. "No hell no" I stop her.

"Come on please" She pleaded like a little kid. How could I say no now? The bartender places two full tequila shots in front of us.

"Here goes nothing" Our shot glasses clink together. As I take the gulp of the drink, I could practically feel it burn the back of my throat.

She shakes her head. "Shitttt" I laugh at her.

I see Jack get up on the stage. "Hello, hello can everyone hear me?" Everyone nodded or gave him a thumbs up.

"Great. Madison can you come up here" I walked over to the stage and stood in front of him. "First off I want to wish a happy birthday to my very special girl" His eyes slowly tear up. I grab his face and run my thumb along his cheek.

"Madison Elle Beer...will you marry me?" He got down on one knee. I was in shock. Marry him? Fuck.

"Yes" He smiles up at me and places the ring on my finger. The crowd cheers as Jack picks me up and spins around. His lips connect with mine almost instantly. But something caught my eye.

Kehlani slowly clapped with no type of emotion on her face. "Happy birthday baby" He kisses my head. I smile up at him.

Why do I suddenly feel like i'm not read to marry him?

I don't really know what to say but um yeah.