Be Ready

—

Kehlani

Madison's head laid on my chest. Soft snores came from her mouth. I wrapped my arm around her and played with her hair gently. Maggie and Brandon peeped their head through the door and gave me a thumbs up.

I didn't want to move Madison much but I was freezing. I managed to get us under the covers comfortably. "Mmm" She groaned half asleep.

"Sorry" I whispered moving slightly. I fell asleep and when I woke up it was morning. I was alone in the bed though. I walk out the room and see Maggie making breakfast. "Madison said she had to go to class but she'll be back at like 7. She has a photography meeting after classes, and she's grabbing lunch with a friend" I looked at the clock on the stove and see that it marked 10:30.

Great! Now I miss her. I rub my heavy eyes and sit at the island of their kitchen. I lay my head on my arms and close my eyes. "Miss her already?" Brandon asked before kissing Maggie on the cheek.

"A lot" I admitted. "You guys a thing now? Cuz like, I always knew she was a bit gay" I laughed at Maggies comment.

"Gay for me" I winked. "There's a fair going on tonight, you should take her" My eyes opened widely. "You think she'd like it?" I asked honestly.

"She'd love it. That and a beach date are her dream dates" I smiled.

Madison

I finally arrived home and was upset when I didn't see Kehlani. "Hey" Maggie says. "Hey" I hug her and keep looking around. "She's coming back, she went to her house to get ready" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"She told me to tell you to get dressed in something casual" I went to my room and see a note on the bed.

"I'll be there at 7:30 be ready, beautiful"

I jumped in the shower as soon as I read the note. The hot steaming water ran down my body. I get out, practically running to my closet.

WHAT SHE WEARS IS AT THE TOP OF THE CHAPTER ^^

I grab some clothes and put them on. I brush my teeth and brush my hair. I sprayed some perfume and applied make up.

I hear a knock on my room door and see Kehlani. "Hey" She looked me up and down, her cheeks immediately flushed. "Stoppp" She stuck her hand out for me to hold. Our fingers interlocked.

"Have fun tonight kids" Maggie shouted. We walked out the front door and made our way down to her car. The engine roared clearly showing the car started. We drove downtown and I soon see a ferris wheel glow.

"Lani what are we doing?" She gave me a cheeky smile. "Shh don't worry" I shake my head. She parks next to the fair. "Really?" I was extremely excited. She ran over to the other side of the car and opened the door for me.

We went to the ticket booth where she bout two "all access bands" She did that thing she always does with her eyebrows and bit her lip. "I want a churro" She said. She holds my hand tightly and practically drags me to the food stand. After buying a churro we got in line for the ferris wheel.

We were finally seated in a cart and brought up to the top, when it stopped to let people in. I saw the lights of New York City. "I never knew how pretty New York was" I look around.

"It makes me miss it sometimes" She admitted. "Maybe you should stay" She shook her head and wrapped her arm around me. "I can't" She said sadly. It broke my heart but I understood.

"You look beautiful" The words that slipped out of her mouth were so gentle. I pull her face towards me and plant my lips on hers. Just because this moment won't last forever doesn't mean we shouldn't make it count.

Her hands cupped my cheek softly, making the cart tilt back a little and scaring us both. "Fucking hell" She breathed out nervously.

"You okay?" I ask in between laughs. She nodded. I laid my head on her shoulder and watched the city. Everyone looked like small ants and Lani kept pointing out every detail she saw, from the statue of liberty to the tallest buildings.

This was cute