A Little Gay

—

Madison

Yesterday I went to a coffee shop with Kehlani. We didn't just talk about my oh so sudden heartbreak. We spoke about photography, studying abroad, and a lot more.

She's really sweet, really pretty, and really kind hearted. We have been texting back and forth all day. Even when I was in class. My best friend Maggie arrived home with a guy beside her.

"Madison, meet Brandon" I eye him up and down. "Hi, Brandon" He chuckles and sticks his hand out for me to shake. "I'm more of a fist pump kind of girl" He turns his hand into a punch. I nod and fist pump him. Maggie kisses my head. "You should invite that new friend of yours over" Maggie's suggestion wasn't the worst idea.

"Sure" I text Kehlani and see if she would like to come over and hang out. She responded with "I'll be there in 15. Want anything from McDonalds? Speak now or forever hold your peace"

I asked her for a happy meal. I knew she would laugh at me about it eventually. I smiled and my phone and locked it. Maggie snatched the TV remote from me and laid her head on Brandon's lap after they sat.

"Movie suggestions?"

"Can we wait til Kehlani gets here?" I asked. She sighed and nodded. "She'll be here soon, she stopped at McDonalds" Maggie jumped up.

"TELL HER TO BRING SOME FOR ALL OF US" I shook my head and threw a pillow at her. "No! Only for me" I pout. "Aww girlfriend things" Maggie uses her little kid voice.

"I'm not gay"

"Everyone's a little gay Mads. But whatever" I mean, everyone is a little gay right?. Brandon nodded to her statement.

"That's why I always kiss the homies goodnight" We all laughed at his comment. Maggie reached for his face and kissed him. I heard a knock on the door and jumped over the couch. I open the door to Kehlani standing there. She looked incredible.

White t-shirt, straightened out hair, dad hat, and some signature ripped jeans. I pull her in for a hug and grab the McDonalds happy meal. "Out of the kindness of my heart I bought you a large soda. I thought you would need a little more than the little kid soda" She stepped inside and I closed the door behind her.

"Maggie, this is Kehlani" Maggies eyes her.

"Nice to meet you Maggie" I point to Brandon. "That's her boyfriend" He waves at her and attacks Maggie with a bunch of kisses everywhere.

Ewwwwww.

I turn on the light in the dining room and sit at one of the chairs. Kehlani sits next to me and pulls out her phone while she sips on her soda.

I eat quickly. "You enjoying that?" She joked. "Maybe" I finished and threw away everything except my full soda. "Come on we're gonna watch a movie" I walk Kehlani over to the couch and push Maggie to the side with my foot.

"Make room" She sits on Brandon's lap. "I got the best seat in the house" I look away and laugh with Kehlani. Kehlani was probably one of the calmest people i've ever met. I grabbed her hat from her head and put it on me.

"How do I look?" She bites her lip casually. "Just incredible, breathtaking Madison" I feel my cheeks heat up as she says that.

"WHAT MOVIE ARE WE WATCHING?" I became startled when Maggie yelled. "Jesus, how bout the breakfast club?" I suggest.

We all agree to it and put it on. The movie was going on for about an hour now and I was getting sleepy. My eyes felt droopy.

Kehlani

Madison was getting tired. Her eyes were heavy and her head kept leaning on me. Finally it got to the point where it was just me and her friend Maggie. Madison's head was on my shoulder. I smiled at the view of her precious face.

The movie ended and I whispered to Maggie. "Hey where's her room" She pointed to the open door to my left. "Thanks" I picked her up and led her to her room. I laid her on the bed and chuckled at the way she quickly embraces a teddy bear she had.

"I wish I got to you earlier Mads" I kissed her head and walked out of the room.

"You are more then welcome to stay. Brandon's staying. You can sleep in the couch or you can sleep in Madison's room" I shrug. "Whatever is comfortable with you guys" She points to Madison's room.

"Go ahead" I walk into Madison's room and close the door. I lay as far away from her as possible but her arm still manages to wrap around me.

That was kinda cute.

They kinda cute don't even lie.