Why'd You Stop?

—

Kehlani

"Of course" I mumbled to myself. It just so happens, the one day I want to go out to a bar, my asshole of a brother also decides to show up.

"Do you have an alarm in your head that let's you know when you to fuck something up?" I ask and take a sip of my new drink.

"Madison, what are you doing here with her?" He asked defensively. "I'm allowed to hang out with whoever I want Jack. I see you brought the bitch you cheated on me with" I step beside Madison and look at the girl.

"You cheated on Madison with her? What a downgrade Jack" I laugh at him and roll my eyes.

Pathetic.

"Why are you hanging out together?" He asks again. "Bro, she does not have to answer to you. It's none of your fucking business" I look up at him slightly.

"You fucking her Kehlani?" I push him back. "Shut the fuck and stop causing a scene Jack" Justin walks over and eyes Jack angrily. They never liked each other and the tension in this room got thicker by the second.

"Jack please" Madison begged. "We're friends"

"You better hope that's all you'll be. Kehlani isn't as sweet as you think she is" I look down at the ground and turn on my heel. I can't let him get the best of me. I saw all the color on Madison's face drain.

Great.

"TELL HER ABOUT THE TIME MCKENNA KILLED HERSELF BECAUSE OF YOU" as the words left his mouth I went over to him and punched him in his jaw.

Justin steps in front of me and holds Jack back. "Don't fucking bring that up. I'm not dating or fucking Madison asshole. What McKenna did...was not my fault Jack. I came to peace with that. Stop acting like you're this amazing guy when you're the one who fucked girls behind Madison's back, and got one pregnant" Madison looks at me with wide eyes.

"Shit Madis-" Madisons eyes became glossy. "Way to go" He said. "Me? Fuck you. You started this" I run after her. Her head was in her hands, and small sobs were heard.

"Mads" I placed my hand in the small of her back and sat beside her. "Madison i'm so sorry" She looked up and straight ahead without saying a word. "I didn't know he got her pregnant...how could you not tell me Lani?" I sigh.

"I didn't want to hurt you. He's a toxic person and you don't deserve to be involved with someone like that, nor be in their problems" She grabbed my face and made me look at her. "I really am sorry"

"Who's McKenna?" She asked. Tear stains stained her cheeks. "An ex Madison" I replied coldly. "She-"

"Yeah she killed herself 7 years ago. It wasn't his to tell" Madison's head rests on my shoulder. "I left her because she was getting involved with drugs, I blame myself for not staying. She overdosed and yano" Just talking about this subject in particular made my heart ache.

"I'm sorry"

"Me too Mads" She looks at me and smiles softly. I look at her lips and go for it. My hand grabs her face lightly and tilts it more towards me. Her hand trailed up to my neck as she kissed back.

We finally pulled away. "Why'd you stop?" She asked out of breath. "I don't want you to make a mistake Madison" She smiles and leans her forehead against mine. Her thumb ran against my cheek. She nodded, understanding why I said what I said.

I kiss her forehead and sit in a comfortable silence with her.

Hey guys 🥺