I Knew Who You Were

—

Kehlani

"Food is here" Maggie shouted from outside. Madison ran outside so I went behind her. Brandon was setting the food on the table and I took a seat.

"So Kehlani how come you guys came back so soon?" Maggie asked while grabbing us all soda cans from the fridge. "Well, we ran into my brother" Her eyes go wide.

"Oh-" Madison cuts us off. "Yep, but we don't care and it's not something we're gonna talk about" She sat beside me and grabbed a container filled with rice. She sat with one leg on the chair and the other one down.

"Pst take a picture with me" She grabbed her phone and open her camera. "But-" I point to the cup of noodles that was in my hand and the fork in my mouth. She managed to sneak a quick photo in there anyway.

"Brandon you should move in with us" Maggie's eyes widen as Madison said that. "You're here all the time and you can help your girl pay rent"

"Do you not pay rent?" He asked. "Maggie doesn't let me" He gives her a confused look. "Listen she just got out of a relationship. Give her a break" We all laughed together and continued to eat the food. When we finished we walked into Madison's room together and turned on her TV.

"What do your tattoos mean?" She asked randomly. "If I explained them all to you we would be here for hours" She looked at me and stayed staring. "What?" I asked.

"Wanna be my model?" I shook my head at her.

"I'm usually the one behind the cameras" She grabbed her camera and pointed it at me. "Me too, but I wanna take pictures of you, so pose" I throw up a piece sign and she snaps a picture. "That one was cute"

"Let me take a serious one" She turned of all the lights, turned on a right light, and a few other lights around the room that weren't to bright but to dark either.

She takes it and shows me the photo. The girl was talented, I'll give you that.

"You ever thought about studying abroad?" I asked her seriously

"You ever thought about studying abroad?" I asked her seriously. Her smile fades. "Um, not really. Maggie's here-" I cut her off. "I'm not saying anything. I'm just saying there's endless possibilities when you try new things" She nods and sits now beside me.

"You wanna try something new?" I nod.

Her hands cup my face and her lips firmly press against mine. Her body slowly shifts between my legs and my arms snaked around her waist.

She smiled into the kiss, making us both quietly laugh. Her fingertips traced the tattoos near my neck softly.

Her tongue smoothly ran against my bottom lip, asking for access. I pull apart from her and look at her. Her head leaned against mine. "You're so different from anyone else you know that?" She says with her eyes closed. My thumb runs along her bottom lip.

"What do you mean?"

"You're gentle, you're caring, you're soft. The way you kiss me is so gentle compared to anything else i've ever felt. It's as if i'm a delicate piece of something" She griped.

"I wish I would've met you years ago" She says.

She could've.

"I knew who you were" I admit. She's taken back by what I said. "What do you mean?"

"I knew who you were. I didn't go for you because Jack begged me not too. And I didn't know if you were gay, it would have sucked to ask out the girl I like and then get turned down"

"Fuck Jack, Lani. You should have gone for it. We could've been married by now" She joked. I laughed at her. When she said we could have been married, I swear my heart did a thing.

"I wish I would have gone for you earlier" I admitted back. "Makes two of us" Her arms snaked around my body, and her head buried into my neck. I feel small kisses make their way up to my ear.

She stops and looks at me.

10 CHAPTERS LATER AND THEY FINALLY KISS KISS YANO