two

I took a deep breath as I walked inside the room designated for the entrance exam. The seats are almost occupied so with no other option, I sat at the back.

As soon as the seats were filled, the exam started.

The students in front started to pass the test papers. When it reached us at the back, I noticed that the student sitting in front of me was familiar.

"You're our neighbor, right?" I said, but he didn't respond.

Didn't he hear me? Or he just pretended not to?

Since we're neighbors, of course, I know him and I'm sure that he knows me, too. We were playmates when we were young and we were quite close back then. But as we grew up, we grew far away from each other. Maybe because we attend different schools in middle school. Or maybe because he rarely goes out of their house. Or maybe we just don't click with each other.

The proctor started to walk around and I pretended to think for a minute. I read the first question again, but I don't really know the answer. I'm already on the verge of giving up but a sudden thought came up to me. I really have to do well on this test or else it'll be the end of me.

It's now or never.

"Hey," I muttered to the guy in front of me, but he just continued answering.

So, I tried to drop my pen near his chair. Unfortunately, the proctor saw it and picked it up for me.

After a while, the proctor went outside and talked to someone.

"Bang Junhyuk,"

When I said that, he suddenly stopped answering.

"Bang Junhyuk," I said once again.

He turned his head slowly and looked at me.

"Look, I really need your help." I muttered. "I know that this is kinda wrong, but I have no choice."

"Huh?"

"Can you move your arm a bit?"

He looked confused for a few seconds. But then, he realized why I said that. He didn't do what I told him to do and continued answering.

"This is my last chance! I really need to pass this entrance exam. Well, I could, but I fell asleep while reviewing. Help me, please?" I begged. "If you'd ask me, I'm not doing this for myself. I'm doing this for my mom. I used to be good at studying, but still she wasn't satisfied with it. Even if I became second rank in elementary school, she would still compare me to someone. Because of that, I lost my motivation to study. And now, I'm really pressured to--"

Just then, I was surprised when he moved his arm. This time, I could see his answers.

That's when I realized that doing something like this is wrong, very wrong. Just when did I have the guts to cheat just to have a high score? My motto has always been 'it's okay to get a low score than to cheat' and now, I hate myself for suddenly wanting to cheat. But I won't surely pass by guessing the answers alone.

Should I copy his answers or not?

Phew, this is my final decision. I decided that--

"You two at the back! Stop answering and follow me outside!"

--I'm not going to cheat.