five

"How was the exam?" My mom asked.

Uncertain on what to say, I bit my lip and sat beside her.

"Mom," I muttered.

"What is it?"

"What if I did badly in the exam?"

There was a moment of silence. A minute later, my mother hit me in the arm.

"Yah! Didn't you remember what I said to you last time? You better pass the exam or you'll have no future ahead!"

"Yes, mom. I know! But please stop hitting me. It hurts!" I complained.

"You deserve that. You keep on lazing around! You should be ashamed of your dad who's working hard to pay for your—"

The doorbell rang and I was glad because it was in the middle of my mom's scolding session. I swear when she starts to speak, she would go on and talk for hours. And I just can't take it anymore.

My mom stood up and opened the door. On the other hand, I sneakily went to my room.

"Misu!" She called.

Hah, I thought I already got away.

"You have a visitor." She continued.

"Visitor? I don't even remember inviting someone." I muttered to myself.

I went down and looked who it was.

Why is here???

My mother looked at me and waited for me to say something.

"I think she's just shy right now since you two never talked for how many years. Why don't you come in first?" She suggested.

"Uh, sure,"

We headed in the living room. My mom is preparing a juice and a food for us right now so we were left here.

"Why are you here? Do you want to screw me up by telling my mom that we cheated?" I asked, trying my best to say it as soft as I can.

"I think you got the wrong idea." He replied.

"Then, why are you here? What's your intention?"

He then exchanged a look with me.

"You asked me if I'll take responsibility, right? I'll do it."

Oh, right. I did say that. Just why did I say that??

My mom came back after a while. She placed two sandwich and a pitcher of juice on the table.

"How are you... uh..." She started thinking hard, probably of his name.

"My name is—"

"Junhyuk-ie, right?" She interrupted.

"Ah, yes." He nodded. "I'm doing fine."

"Sweetie, I almost forgot your name because it's been a long time!" She said, pouring juice in her glass. "What made you come here, by the way?"

"I'll help her review."

"My goodness! Really? I've never received a great news so far. I think this is it!" My mom exclaimed. "Wait, didn't the exam finished two hours ago?"

I gulped my juice upon her question.

"It was postponed." I lied.

"Oh, okay. That's why." She said. "Wait, did you two interacted just recently?"

We both nodded.

"We met at the exam venue." I replied. "But then, there was an announcement that the exam was moved on Monday."

"You still have two days to review then. Good luck on reviewing!"