twelve

I stared at him blankly, not sure if I heard him right.

"What did you say?"

Clearing his throat, he repeated what he said, "L-let's be partners."

"Really? Why?"

He looked at me innocently but he didn't answer.

"Hmm..." I muttered as I caressed my chin. "I'll think about it."

"Okay." He nodded.

As soon as I entered our house, I immediately went to my room. Upon opening my messenger, there were fifty+ unread messages from our group conversation. I read it all and they only talked about one thing. Thank goodness, the list of names of the pairs wasn't passed yet because it's still incomplete. The person in charge asked who are the ones not included yet in the list so I sent a message. After that, I lay back in bed.

Anyway, do you ever just think about what you previously said? Because that's what I'm doing right now.

"Hmm... I'll think about it."

I don't know why but I realized that I was too shameless?? Why do I have to think about it when someone like him asked me that? I mean, he's highly intelligent and the fact that he wants to be partner with a lazy person like me... I should've just agreed right away.

I'm such an idiot.

🐰

I sneaked glances at Junhyuk who was once again reading a book, with earphones plugged in his ears.

"Junhyuk," I called but he didn't hear me. He was too immersed in what he's reading. And so, I decided to tap on his shoulder.

He carefully removed his earphones and looked at me.

"Did you check the messages in our group conversation?" I asked.

"Uhh... no, not yet." He answered.

"When did you last check it?"

"I-I haven't checked it once." He said, looking down. "Sorry, I don't really use my phone that often."

I turned my gaze to the book on top of his desk. Maybe that's the reason why. He allotted most of his time in studying so he didn't have time to use his phone just for a minute. I don't think I can survive if I were in his shoes. It must've been boring... and tough.

"You don't need to say sorry." I reassured him. "It was Son Seongjun who was assigned to write the names of the pairs. He asked for the names of the ones not included yet and I've already submitted our names."

"Oh, thanks!" He said, impassive.

"I look forward on being partners with you." I smiled and went back to my seat.

Today was just an ordinary day. Nothing special happened. It's just Junhyuk and I became partners in Literature. It really sounds nice having partnered with someone who excels. Seems like I wouldn't have a problem in this requirement since I think he would do most of the work. I was excited to go home and start a new drama to watch. Not until...

"Let's start the requirement in Literature after class."

"What?? After class? You mean today?" I asked.

He nodded.

"I can't." I said.

"Why?"

"Umm, I have to do something."

"What do you have to do? Is it important?"

Argh, why is he asking too much?

"It's... uh, quite personal. And yes, it is important." I lied.

He thought for a minute before he spoke. "Okay, then. Let's just do it tomorrow.

"Okay." I muttered.

Phew, that was a success.

---

a/n: happy seongjun day!! <3