Appendix - 1d Medical

Hazel had been tossing around in her bed for the past few hours. She hadnt had any sleep the night due to stabbing pains in her abdomen. She knew she couldn't say anything to her dad because he would make sure to get her into the hospital. Her dad, Zayn Malik, was head of the ER in the city. He adopted 4 sons and 1 daughter. They all attempted the same middle school. With Hazel being the youngest at 15 she had her 16, 17 and 18 year old brothers watching over like a madman.
Hazel turned around and saw that it was already 6.30am.
Great she thought. She hadnt slept the night and she needed to get a shower before Louis, the oldest Malik with 18 years, or Niall, the youngest of the boys.
She slowly made her way out of bed regretting it the moment she stepped out. A dizzy spell took over her legs and she immediately fell down. She prayed to the lords that it woke up none of her brothers and especially not her dad. She was relieved when the light on the hallway wasn't flicked on but another round of sharp pain got into her stomach again. She silently cried and curled up into a ball.
She had no idea how long she laid there but when she looked back up she heard the shower turned on.
Great, just fucking great. Either Louis or Niall was already awake and now she actually prayed that it was Louis since he was the one with the most hurry due to deadlines.
She got up, collected her outfit for the day and walked towards the bathroom. It was locked since one of the boys was still in there. Hazel soflty knocked on the door.
"Just a sec Niall," Louis responded. He unlocked the door and was surprised that Hazel stood there ready to shower.
"Holy fucking shit," Louis spoke as he watched how his sister entered the bathroom, "you alright Hazel?"
Louis was shocked by the looks of Hazel. She had bags under her eyes and it looked like every single bit of life had been drained out of her.
"Let me get dad," Louis said but before he had a chance to run away to get help, Hazel grabbed his arm.
"Don't," she pleaded, "it's probably just stress or something. I have two huge tests today and a shuttle run so I need to go to school. I'm fine Lou, I'll always be."
Hazel tried to say it believable but know she failed miserably. Louis still stood there, only wearing his jeans because his shirt wasn't even near him when he unlocked the door assuming it was his brother, arms crossed and a sad look on his face.
" Alright I'll make a deal with you," Louis stated, "I won't say a thing to dad about this if you promise me to go to Liam or I when you're fe-"
Louis got cut short by his sentence since he saw Hazel swaying on her feet. He immediately reached out to his younger sister and lowered her to the bathroom floor.
"Screw it I'm getting dad," Louis said as he walked out towards Zayn's bedroom. Hazel still sat down at the floor enjoying the cold it gave her. Another round of pain hit her again and she cried this time. Louder than she did before but still unheard for her brothers or dad. She decided to curl up into a ball and wished it was going to pass sooner the later.
On the other side of the house things weren't going to plan either. Since Zayn his bedroom is on the other side of the hallway, Louis couldn't hear Hazel crying from the bathroom.
Louis soflty knocked on the door. "Dad you there?" he asked.
When he didn't get a response he tried again with no luck either. He walked into the bedroom but couldn't find Zayn. Zayn had gone out for work at 3 am already since he got called for an enormous boat crash about 2 hours away from his house.
Louis cursed under his breath and knew he had to wake Liam then. He was the smartest out of the boys and had ambition to follow his father's footsteps. Luckily Liam his bedroom was next to Zayn's so he was there quite quick.
Louis didn't bother knocking this time and barged straight into the room and flicked the light on.
Liam his eyes had to adjust to the light before he eventually could figure out who was trying to get himself killed.
"Louis what the fuck why are you here half naked and why do you even wake me up," Liam said wiping the sleep out of his eyes and resting on one shoulder to sit up a bit.
"Hazel. She isn't good, she almost fainted in my arms. I think we have a serious problem. She is right now in the bathroom," Louis said sternly crossing his arms.
Liam was right awake now and jumped out of bed. Liam usually slept in old football gear of Louis and so he did this time as well. Wearing an old bayern München shirt and shorts he followed Louis towards the bathroom.
He immediately pulled Hazel up in order for her to sit up straight. Liam was beyond shocked when he watched his sister sitting there. If Liam was letting go her arms she would just fall back on the floor.
"Louis go sit behind her would you," Liam instructed his brother. Louis did what Liam asked and got a steady grip on Hazel.
"Hey Hazel tell me where it hurts," Liam asked sitting across Hazel on the floor. Hazel pointed out to her stomach.
"Alright do you feel you need to throw up or something else," Liam asked. He noticed how shacky she was and Liam immediately grabbed one of her arms to get her pulse which was extremely rapid.
"Headache and I'm cold," Hazel answered. Liam nodded and pulled a string of hair behind Hazel her ear.
"Alright Hazel what we're going to do is put you back to bed and we'll see from there," Liam said not fully thrusting his own diagnose. He though it was probably stress and wanted to find a stressful event that was going to happen this week for Hazel. But before Liam could eventually begin that search Hazel already protested.
"No please Li I need to go to school. I have two massive tests today and a shuttle run so please let me go. It's probably just stress, once if eaten ill be fine I promise," Hazel pleaded.
"Yeah okay. Hop in the shower and just make sure to come downstairs after. I'm downstairs and so is Lou so if you don't feel alright just call us," Liam said as he pulled Hazel back on her feet. She seemed to get a bit of her normal color back.
"You fine?" Louis asked when he eventually let go of her arms. Hazel slowly nodded and shoved both of her brothers out so she could get ready. She took another look in the mirror and sighed, she looked like hell and to be fair she felt like she was dying on the inside.
Louis and Liam walked back to their rooms to grab their things and dress further up. Liam wasn't really focused on Louis since he was still busy with Hazel.
"What do you think is wrong Li?" Louis asked as he stood in his door post.
"Probably stress. I think Ni and Haz need to keep out an eye on her since she'll always have one class with one of the two," Liam spoke out.
Hazel had skipped a year and came in the same year as Niall and Harry.
"Speaking of Niall and Haz. I haven't heard them over tests coming up," Louis said trying to get a picture everything.
"You know Hazel. She's way too insecure about everything. I'll talk to Niall if it makes you feel better. I'm actually wondering why the kid isn't starting his rounds by now," Liam reassured Louis and laid a hand on his brothers shoulder, "she's fine Lou. I'll promise, stress is a weird thing and does weird things to your body."
Liam made his way towards Nialls room and knocked on the door.
"Ni I need to talk to you," Liam soflty spoke. Niall was awake already since he was meant to do his rounds of the news paper but his boss said he was free today.
"Yeah come in," Niall spoke not feeling leaving his bed.
Liam appeared in Nialls door with a serious face. "Am I in trouble?" Niall immediately asked, "I swear to God it wasn't me that ate the chocolate."
"Wait what?" Liam asked, "no I'm not coming for that tho. I was wondering if you have any important tests coming up this day?"
"Oww than," Niall said relaxing, "ehh yeah some stupid book test for English and an practical for chemistry. Why?"
"It's Hazel. She's really stressed out about it. She fainted in Louis his arms this morning because she's so stressed out. She did mention a shuttle run however, how come you don't." Liam knew where Niall was up to since he would probably just sit somewhere else than in PE during a shuttle run and Liam couldn't blame him since he had done the same last year.
"How is she," Niall asked getting really worried about her.
"She's fine," Liam reassured, "just stressed. Can you and Harry just keep an eye out. I have no idea who has the most classes with her but please just come to mine when she isn't feeling fine."
Niall nodded and got up. He walked over to his closet and grabbed a few clothes.
"I'm going to take a shower. I'll make sure nothing will happen to her alright. Harry isn't going to school today though because he has an excursion with his arts class," Niall said as he hugged his older brother. Liam hugged back and kissed Niall his forehead.
"Lou and I are downstairs," Liam spoke as he walked out of the room. Niall nodded and walked towards the shower which was still locked which meant that Hazel was probably still in there.
*********
Hazel, Niall, Liam and Louis all piled into Louis his car. Hazel was wearing one of Louis his hoodies. She was feeling so cold that she began to wonder if going to school was the best option.
Niall sat in the back as well as Liam had shotguned the passenger seat. Hazel wasn't looking the best but already more presentable then she was that same morning when she stumbled upon Louis.
Liam looked in the mirror all the time to Hazel who was currently sleeping in the back.
"Ni which hours do you have the tests?" Liam asked his brother who was on his phone.
"Ehh wait let me look," Niall said as he opened his schedule, "5th and 7th period with a spare one at 3th."
Liam nodded and those where the worst times to have a test for Hazel at the moment. If the tests were halfway through the morning, Liam or Louis could have driven her home but no the tests were halfway through and even her last period.
"I'll pass you mine and Louis so you know where we are if something happens indeed," Liam spoke.
Hazel began to wake up and immediately lunged forward holding her stomach.
"Lou pull over," Niall yelled as he unbuckled himself and Hazel. Liam immediately looked at the two youngsters in the back. Louis did as Niall asked and Liam immediately jumped out to reach for Hazel who was sitting right behind him.
Once he got Hazel out she began to throw up like a madman. Luckily Hazel wasn't heavy so Liam's arms should be doing the job of holding her up.
"Let it all out," Liam told Hazel as he rubbed her back softly. Once he was done she crunched over to hold her stomach again.
"Hazel you're really not fine. Tell me what bothers you," Liam said getting stern. Hazel pointed to her stomach and Liam began to feel around. Liam was getting more afraid of an appendix. Once he pushed down on her appendix she didn't scream out of pain which was odd to Liam as she showed all the others symptoms.
"I've got you. I'll always got you," Liam reassured. He noticed that Hazel had gone paler again and got an extra steady grip on her.
"Louis come here," Liam yelled for his oldest brother since he could deal with it for some reason and Niall just couldn't.
"Yeah what is it?" Louis asked and was shocked when he saw Liam holding an almost unconscious Hazel upright. "What the hell," Louis spoke out.
"Yeah just lay her down," Liam told. Louis helped Liam lower Hazel down to the ground. As soon as her body hit the floor she began to throw up. Still being unconscious it scared Liam to hell.
"NIALL CALL DAD RIGHT NOW," Liam yelled to the boy in the car. Niall immediately called his dad with no luck.
"He doesn't pick up," Niall said crying. Luckily for Liam Hazel began to regain her consciousness.
"We've got you Hazel," Louis said still holding her into the recovery position.
"I feel okay," Hazel said trying to sit up. Liam wasn't a fan of it but knew they were already running late for school.
"Just lay down in the car okay," Liam said as he and Louis helped her standing upright.
Hazel hopped back into her seat feeling slightly better than before.
"You okay?" Louis asked before he started the engine.
"Yes," Hazel spoke out as she laid her head in Nialls lap for the remaining ten minutes to school.