Falcon

After Sam let you use his bathroom to take a shower, he gave you some extra clothes that thankfully fit you well. Wanting to thank him for the generosity you offered to help him make breakfast. He accepted and you two were in the kitchen cooking while Steve and Natasha continued to clean themselves up after what happened.

"So, I got to ask, how did you get caught up in all this?" he asked you.

"I don't know at one point I'm robbing a bank and the next I'm in the middle of a government conspiracy," you tell him casually as you mix the pancake batter.

He gave you a concerned look, "You robbed banks?"

"For charity... mostly," you explained, "What about you? How do you know Rodgers?"

"I meet him jogging a few days ago."

You laughed, "What did you do before you meet him."

"I work at the VA, before that, I was with the 58th unit, Pararescue. What about you, have you always been a bank robber?"

"No, I uh, I'm a street performer," you hesitated a little but Sam still seemed interested.

"What's your act? You a juggler?"

"Magician," you answered.

He laughed, "No way, can you do a trick? If you want of course I don't-"

"No, it's fine. I would love to." You grabbed an egg from the box and stepped away from Sam. You threw it up in the air and snapped your fingers. Sam cringed expecting the egg to crack all over his floors but when he didn't hear a crack, he looked at you confused. 

"Where'd it go?"

"Check your pocket." 

Sam reached into his back pocket and took out a perfectly fine egg. "You got some serious skills."

"Half of it is skills, the other half is...." You snapped your fingers and teleported across the kitchen and then back. Sam stared at you in awe.

"Okay more than just a sleight of hand, that's cool. You ever thought of using that for something more than just magic tricks?"

"I don't know, it's what I'm good at so I just stuck with it. I don't think the whole superhero thing would work out for me."

"I mean what better time to give it a try," he gave you a smile and then walked towards the room, "I should go tell them breakfast is done."

Later as Steve and Natasha joined you at the kitchen table, they started talking about who in Shield was a part of Hydra. You and Sam didn't know too much on the topic so you stayed quiet as they explained.

"So, the question is: who in Shield could launch a domestic missile strike?" Natasha asked.

"Pierce," Steve responded. You never liked that Pierce guy.

"Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world."

"But he's not working alone, Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star."

"So was Jasper Sitwell."

"So, the real question is: how do the two most wanted people in Washington kidnap a Shield officer in broad daylight?"

"The answer is: you don't," Sam dropped a file in front of Steve.

"What's this?"

"Call it a resume."

"Is this Bakhmala? The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you." Natasha turned to Steve after looking at the picture, "You didn't say he was a para-rescue."

"Is this Riley?" Steve asked looking at the other man in the photo.

"Yeah."

"I heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPGs. What did you use, a stealth chute?"

"No. These." He opens the file and hands it to Steve. You look over his shoulder and see a photo of Sam's equipment. It was honestly impressive, and you made a mental note to ask Sam to teach you to use it in the future.

"I thought you said you were a pilot," Steve told him.

"I never said, pilot."

"I can't ask you to do this, Sam. You got out for a good reason."

"Dude, Captain America needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in."

Steve smiles and turns to you. "You don't have to continue either (Y/N). We wouldn't have gotten out alive if it weren't for you, you've done more than I could've asked for."

"I nearly got killed by a missile and I'm still here, you're going to have to try harder than that to get rid of me, Rodgers," you told him as you drank from your cup of orange juice. He nodded in agreement and then turned back to Sam.

"Where can we get our hands on one of these things?"

"The last one is at Fort Meade, behind three guarded gates and a twelve-inch steel wall," Sam told him.

Natasha looked at you, "Think you can get through that?"

"You're talking to someone who robbed four banks in one night," you bragged, "All I need is a picture of the place and we can be in and out before you know it."

"Guess we're all in then."

After easily getting Sam's equipment out of a secured military base you all found Sitwell's location and waited for him to come out in the open. Steve and Natasha watched from above while you and Sam sat at a table of a small cafe waiting for your cue. The goal was to get Sitwell alone so that they could interrogate him.

While you sat in the cafe Sam suddenly tapped your shoulder and pointed at a man with a black suit and glasses. He then took out his phone and made the call. You could see Sitwell answer. As Sam talked to him you waited for your signal to move in which came in the form of a head nod and you got to work. With a snap of your fingers, you were next to Sitwell grabbing his shoulder and teleporting him to a random rooftop where Natasha and Steve were waiting.

"What the hell?!" Sitwell stumbled on the ground and looked around startled.

"Hope the ride wasn't too bumpy," you told him.

"You're Pierce's Ace thief."

"Ace thief? That's what they're calling me? Lame, I'm going to have to rebrand."

Before he could respond Steve picked Sitwell up and tossed him across the roof where he caught himself with the railing. "Tell me about Zola's algorithm."

"Never heard of it," Sitwell told him.

"What were you doing on the Lemurian Star?"

"I was throwing up, I get seasick." Steve forced Sitwell to the edge of the rooftop, but he just smiled. "Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're going to throw me off the roof? Because it's really not your style, Rogers."

"You're right. It's not. It's hers." Steve stepped aside and Natasha kicked Sitwell off the roof. You could hear him scream as he fell.

You all stood around for a bit, Natasha bringing up Steve's love life. "Oh, wait. What about that girl from accounting, Laura...?" 

"Lillian. Lip piercing, right?" Steve asked.

"Yeah, she's cute."

"Yeah, I'm not ready for that."

Before she could respond, Sam flew up in his jet pack suit with wings, holding Sitwell. He threw him down on the roof. Steve and Natasha walked towards him and he held his hand up in fear.

"Zola's algorithm is a program...for choosing Insight's targets!" he shouts.

"What targets?" Steve asked.

"You! A TV anchor in Cairo, the Undersecretary of Defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa City. Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, anyone who's a threat to Hydra! Now, or in the future. How do you think we found (L/N)!?"

"The Future? How could it know?"

"How could it not? The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught HYDRA how to read it. Your bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, e-mails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores. Zola's algorithm evaluates people's past to predict their future." 

"And what then?"

"Oh, my God. Pierce is going to kill me," he realized.

"What then?!"

"Then the Insight Helicarriers scratch people off the list. A few million at a time."

After getting all the information you needed you all piled into Sam's car. Sam drove with Steve sitting in the passenger seat and Sitwell sat between you and Natasha in the back. He kept blabbing about how he was screwed when Hydra knew he squealed.

"You're screwed if you don't shut up right now," you told him getting annoyed with having to hear his whining.

"Hydra doesn't like leaks," He told you like if you cared.

"So why don't you try sticking a cork in it," Sam warned.

Natasha ignored the three of you and moved closer to the front, "Insight's launching in sixteen hours, we're cutting it a little bit close here."

"I know," Steve replied, "We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the Helicarriers directly."

"What?! Are you crazy? That is a terrible, terrible idea," Sitwell complained.

"Nobody asked!" you shouted at him, "Shut up before I toss you out the window myself!"

As if on cue a loud thud came from the roof of the car and a metal arm reached through the window pulling Sitwell out and tossed him into oncoming traffic. "Everyone saw I didn't do that right?"

The Winter Soldier started shooting at the car forcing Natasha to move to the front seat and you to duck down. Steve pulled the brake handle making the Winter Soldier drop down onto the street. Another car smashed into yours pushing you towards him. The Winter soldier jumped back onto the car and smashed through the windshield pulling out the steering wheel from Sam's hands.

"Shit!" Sam shouted.

Natasha started shooting at him, but the Winter Soldier jumped onto the vehicle behind them. As the car was being pulled off the road Steve holds on to the car door and Natasha and Sam climb next to him. Knowing what was about to happen and that there wasn't enough room you instead snap your fingers and ended up stumbling on the freeway away from the wreckage. You see the others slide on the car door through the streets and you run towards them as they get up.

"That wasn't so bad," you told them. They all looked at you with wide eyes but didn't have time to tell you anything as Hydra agents and the Winter Solider start shooting in your direction. Steve ended up getting thrown down the street below and Sam got separated from you and Natasha. 

"Stay close," she told you.

"Don't have to tell me twice." You kept low to the ground and stayed out of her way as she fired back. Later you noticed you chose the wrong person to cower behind as the winter soldier seemed to focus his fire on her.

"Take us down," she told you. You grabbed onto her arm and teleported her to the street below. She used the bridge to her favor and caught the Winter Soldier by surprise causing him to duck behind the barrier. Instead of dying down the bullets came harder as he started firing back again. You followed Nat down the street.

Once you run a considerable distance Natasha and you ducked behind a car. She brought out her phone and started to record a message. She propped it up next to the car and waited for the Soldier to get closer. As she heard a nearby police car blow up, she nodded at you and you teleported her a few feet behind him. You watched as he fell for her trap and walked towards her voice recording. He rolled a small explosive under the car and it detonated blowing it to pieces. Natasha took the opportunity and grabbed him by surprise.

She tried to choke him with a wire, but he resisted and threw her against a car. He went for his gun, but she threw a disk at his metal arm that short-circuited it for a moment. You teleport her away but realized it wasn't far enough as you felt a sharp pain in your right shoulder. Natasha was shocked as she watched you drop to your knees.

"(Y/N)!" She tried to move you somewhere safer but froze as the Winter Soldier jumped on the hood of a car pointing a gun at her.

Luckily, Steve came to your rescue forcing the Soldier to put his attention on him. Natasha took advantage and helped you limp away from them. Thanks to the adrenaline you were able to keep moving but it was too painful to concentrate on teleporting. In the background, you could hear Steve and the Winter Soldier go at it, but you focused on keeping pressure on your wound as Natasha instructed you. Blood was seeping through your fingers and Natasha ripped a piece of your shirt to wrap around it. 

"How are you doing?" she asked concern lacing her voice.

You smiled, "Could be doing a lot better."

She glanced at where Steve was still fighting with the Winter Soldier and grabbed a grenade launcher he had dropped earlier. "Stay here and stay low."

"Don't have to tell me twice."

You could hear as she fired at the Soldier followed by the sound of sirens. Concerned you forced yourself on your feet and saw a ton of armed agents in fake law enforcement uniforms surround all of you. You were outnumbered even more so than before. You watched as your friends were forced on their knees and handcuffed. A couple of agents grabbed you making you wince and lead you to an armored transportation truck. They sat you next to Steve across from Natasha and placed your hands in heavy steel cuffs. You could have teleported out of it but the wound on your shoulder made it to painful to really do anything. Movies and T.V. shows severely underestimated how bad it felt to get shot.

As you were all driven to an undisclosed location Steve started describing the Winter Soldier's face saying it reminded him of his old friend and former Howling Commando, Sergeant James Buchanan Barnes. You didn't know how that would work as he had been declared dead, but then again you had the power to teleport, so you weren't the best person to poke holes in his story.

"It was him. He looked right at me like he didn't even know me," Steve said looking upset.

"How's that even possible? It was like seventy years ago," Sam told him.

"Zola. Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43, Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him and..." Steve trailed off.

"None of that's your fault, Steve," Natasha tells him.

"Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky."

You groan as you feel the blood loss take effect as well as the fatigue from teleporting. Sam noticed the bleeding and turned to the two-armed guys in the truck with you. "We need to get a doctor here. If we don't put pressure on that wound their going to bleed out here in the truck."

One of them flashed an electric rod in front of him causing him to lean back in surprise. They then used it to shock their partner and kicked him knocking him out. They casually removed their helmet revealing a brown-haired woman. "Ah. That thing was squeezing my brain."

She looks over at Sam who in return looks at her confused, "Who's this guy?"

Feeling a little faint, you lean against Steve and smile fondly at the mystery woman, "I think I'm in love."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
A/N: I would let Cobie Smulders/Agent Hill knock me out. That's it, that's my commentary for this chapter. Have a goodnight.