Chapter 17

Sunday 17th

It was already early afternoon when Izuku woke up. He had overslept...

But he was still in Bakugou's arms and the explosive boy was still fast asleep. The trip to the zoo was exhausting for them both and Izuku sighed in bliss at the comfort he was in. His body was warm and he could hear his own heart pounding. To be honest, he didn't want to move but.... He needed the toilet.

He slipped out of Bakugou's arms and wheeled himself to the bathroom, running a bath as he might as well clean up now.

Meanwhile, Bakugou was alone in his bed. The dark thoughts started to creep back in and his warm peaceful sleep was now cold...now painful...and he was once again a child at Izuku's birthday party.

Once again, he watched in pain as the dream of him settings off explosions near Izuku's fragile body left the horrible ash marks all over his body.

He once again cried and pleaded his younger self to not leave Izuku alone and to turn back immediately. He could already feel his soul scream as he imagined Izuku get up, not bother to clean the ash, feel helpless, like a burden, and then get the idea to remove himself from the living world.

Bakugou screamed in his dream even more as he knew Izuku at this point was tying the rope to his lamp and looping it around his neck while his younger self just ate more cake.

He could almost feel the pressure on his neck, the one that pushed at Izuku as he lost his footing on the chair and start to choke. His cells were going transparent as the rope was tight against his neck.

"HURRY UP!!! PLEASE!!! I BEG OF YOU STOP HIM!!! IT MY FAULT! I WAS TOO NAIVE! I...just stop"

He was crying his pain and as usual, his younger self would trudge up and find the mess...

The hospital

The ash marks

The sound of the heart monitor

The...

"Kacchan!?!?!?" Bakugou's eyes flashed open and Izuku stood above his shaking him to get him out of the dream.

"Shit..." Bakugou cursed as he covered his eyes with an arm. He grit his teeth to try and rid his mind of the image, he could still hear the heart monitor in his ears.

"Kacchan?..." Izuku peered worriedly into Bakugou's face and he felt a dagger go through his heart as he gently nudged Bakugou's arm out the way, reveling a face filled with pain.

The two immediately hugged each other, cuddling like there was no tomorrow and after a while, Bakugou was calm again. His usual nice but scowling face.

They didn't even bother to change out of their pajamas when they finally left the room for breakfast.

They actually had matching pajamas technically since Izuku just wore Bakugou's pajamas. The large shirt flopped over the transparent shoulder that had the metal support on it and honestly they had a really chill day. They got a bunch of ridiculous comments from the class, mostly from Mina going on and on about how cute they were only to be chased off cackling by a screaming Bakugou.

Even though they were already inseparable, they seemed to have closed the gap even more after that morning as they two seemed closer emotionally.

That night, after Izuku wrote to Bakugou in his diary while he listened to the sound of the shower running, the two went to bed like usual. Only from now, there was more than just comfort as they lay there drifting off into the world of sleep.

They both lay in each others arms safe from bad dreams. They were each other's homes.

Monday 18th

It was another full day training session in the gym and Izuku basically had the day off. He didn't know what to do until he had an idea.

He wheeled himself to the teacher's office and called Inko and chatted his idea and 20 minutes later, Inko was escorted from the gate to the dorm by Toshinori.

The mother and son then spent the day baking goodies for everyone and once Izuku got the hang of it, he baked many himself while Inko made handmade bags to fill up with.

Macaroons, hard rock candies, gummies, shortbread biscuits, salted caramel fudge bites and strawberry shortcake pieces and even some decorated chocolate assortments. Izuku made them all and then filled the bags all equally before Inko and Toshinori went around with him to give goody bags around. They gave all the staff one including Nezu before they got to the gym.

The day was almost over so they waited chatting at the edge of the gym. Cementos was the teacher and used his quirk to create a table for them to put everything down. Izuku counted them and noticed there was one extra bag that wasn't made by him. Inko looked between that specific bag and Toshinori nervously and Izuku got the idea. He excused himself and wheeled towards Cementos who was closer to Bakugou and cheered him on in the safety of a teacher.

He smiled to himself as he saw Inko smile at him before starting a conversation with Toshinori and handing him the bag.

The class ended and Izuku quickly wheeled himself to the table and picked a beautifully crafted bag before putting it on his lap.

"I umm...made sweets for everyone!" He called to the class and everyone's faces smiled when they saw the table. Mina shrieked and gave Izuku a gentle hug before ripping the bag open and squealing. She picked out a cookie and hummed her approval loudly. She saw the cute bag in Izuku's lap and her eyes smiled with glee. She paused her snacking spree and gently wheeled Izuku go Bakugou whispering "I see what's going on, good luck!" And running back towards her sweets.

Izuku blushed and handed Bakugou his bag and awkwardly wheeled away again.

Bakugou opened his and it was just like the other. He ate them and found something different though. All his sweets had either black pepper or some other spice that's used in sweets...just how he liked them...

He grinned and continued chomping down and the evening went on as it did. Izuku thanked Inko and asked Toshinori to make sure she got home safe before returning to have a bath.

Meanwhile, Bakugou was eating the last shortbread biscuit at the bottom of the bag, hidden underneath the large fudge slice.

It was a heart shaped cookie with a red sugar glaze covered in sugar crystals. It smelled like vanilla and cinnamon and was both spicy and sweet.

Bakugou ate it and blushed a little as he heard the bathroom door open.

Badump...