Chapter 20

Saturday 23th

Inko came over again and helped out. They were decorating the common room as Christmas Eve was tomorrow!

Izuku helped bake more treats as Inko prepped the savory meals.

Having them all done by late afternoon, Izuku put all pastries and treats into the fridge to set and wheeled back into the common room to help put up fairy lights and hang paper snowflakes around the room. The birds in Koda's room helped him out by hanging the snowflakes as he pointed out where.

Mina was playing the first 30 seconds of every song she downloaded before changing it to download another as Jiro set up a few instruments by the side.

Bakugou was helping Inko with the savory foods and he just realized he needed to ask her a question. "Auntie!" He turned to Inko quickly as he wanted to ask before he forgot. "Can I have the recipe for the heart shaped cookie? It was the one with a red sugar glaze covered in sugar crystals." 

He clearly remembered how warm he felt when he ate that specific biscuit. It made him feel....

"It smelled like vanilla and cinnamon! Oh and it was both spicy and sweet."

His heart gently pounded as he remembered how happy he felt as he ate it earlier that week.

Badump...

"Heart shaped?" Inko questioned. "I never made anything heart shaped Katsuki." She looked puzzled before she realised what was going on.

"Katsuki, I wasn't the one who made your treat bag, it was Izuku. I helped with the rest but yours, from the treats inside to the paper bag itself, was made by Izuku."

She smiled as she saw a small blush appear on Bakugou's face.

Humming to herself, she continued to cook as Bakugou stared into oblivion.

The preparations were all done including the decorations and the tree. Presents were already at the bottom including all the ones Izuku and Bakugou neatly wrapped. There were many messy looking ones but there was definitely a lot of gifts for everyone from everyone.

Inko slept over in Izuku's room and Izuku blushed as his mother winked at him as he went into Bakugou's room that night.

Bakugou had gone up to Mina earlier to ask what her favourite sweet from the treat bag earlier that week was and she replied with the slice of fluffy cake. And when Bakugou mentioned for her opinion on the red one, she looked at him confused replying there was no red one.

She then smirked before asking whether it was the heart one and Bakugou nodded and she cackled with laughter.

"Bakugou! I never got a heart one! I was just kidding! I didn't realize that I was right!" She laughed as she skipped off.

Now both Izuku and Bakugou had a secret from each other that made them smile. Izuku's being that he made a heart cookie with only his crush on mind and Bakugou's being that he knew that he was the only one to receive that cookie.

They both smiled to themselves at this and the night flew by ready for Christmas Eve.

Sunday 24th

"Merry Christmas Eve!" Last minute presents were placed under the tree and Christmas music played around the common room.

Inko was up and had started with the dinner already and the smell of chicken gravy waffled in the air.

The cheesecakes and puff pastries were all put together along with jellies and gingerbread houses.

The morning passed with final preparations and the afternoon started with karaoke in front of the TV. Games were next and multiple were played at once with some groups playing board games, some played cards against humaniquirks and some just chilled around watching the others play.

After many shrieks and giggles, evening came around and the massive dinner made everyone satisfied as loud chatter was thrown around sometimes muffled with food.

After the meal, they played more and included old games like hide and seek which Toru won as she just sat on the sofa, naked and invisible.

Izuku sat out of the game but laughed as he heard an explosion in the distance knowing full well that Bakugou was just found.

They were all tired after that and Inko had put on a movie. Izuku passed around hot chocolates before Bakugou lifted him up and placed him on his lap as they snuggled for warmth and watched the film.

Everyone just kind on dog piled on each other but many individual conversations were going around.

Todoroki was helping Iida clear the table as well as heat up more milk to stir into the hot chocolate for everyone.

Uraraka and Tsu had both fallen asleep along with Jiro and Momo. Mina was giggling with Kirishima and Denki as Shinsuo sat next to them with a cat on his lap.

Aizawa was on a comfy armchair with four other cats all over him and Mic was passing him a coffee. Toshinori was with Inko and the two were talking quietly with themselves as the movie progressed.

Much to Izuku's disappointment, it was a horror and he held onto Bakugou's hand the entire time.

"Revelry in the dark..."

Tokoyami muttered as the protagonist was plunged into darkness when he opened the creaky door to a haunted house that every main character from a movie seems to do.

Bakugou signed at the typical tropes but smiled inside as he saw Izuku shiver and jump at every clichéd jump scare. He found the reactions cute and was amused when he was Izuku's eyes widen when a character that supposedly died at the beginning came back to save the day covered in blood.

When Izuku was happy, he was happy. When Izuku was sad, he wanted he cheer him up. And... He didn't know really...

He loved every minute they spent together and he didn't want them to be apart. The nightmares have almost completely stopped and the regret in his guts have eased with every silly moment they shared. But...

He didn't want to accept reality. He didn't want to listen to the haunting voice at the back of his head whispering "one week left..."