III

"Oh." Jasper replied. David sat there staring at Max, which only made him feel more disgusted by himself. "I knew it! I fucking knew it!" Gwen shouted before embracing Max in a rib-shattering hug. "At least one person isn't disgusted... now get the fuck off of me!" Max said prying Gwen's arms off of him. "What do you mean?" Jasper asked. "I mean the way you both reacted... you are obviously grossed out by my answer. I mean, hello! Wake up and smell the outhouse! I'm in love with my own best friend-" max quickly cut himself off after noticing his choice of words.

"I-I mean, I uh..." Max began to blush and rugged at the collar of his shirt. "Max. Look at me. I am not grossed out by you. Neither is Jasper. Just surprised, is all. It is perfectly fine to like a boy, it is perfectly fine to like your best friend." As he talked, David started blushing, as did Jasper, but no one seemed to notice. "You feel close to him for a reason, maybe that's why. I think Gwen is right though, you should talk to him." "No, I can't. It would make things weird, and he wouldn't want to be friends anymore. I just need to get over it, I know I will eventually." Max responded. "Well, if that's what you believe is best, then you can try. Trust me. It isn't easy. It's happened to me before." David said sincerely. "Me too" Gwen and Jasper both pitched in.

It made Max happy that he wasn't alone, but he sure as hell wouldn't let that show. "Thanks guys." Max said trying to sound as sarcastic as possible. He wiped his eyes clear of tears and began to walk away when David stopped him. "Hey Max, could you stay for a few more minutes? I wanna talk to you." "Go suck a dick, David." "Max. It's serious... it's also not an option." Max groaned, but agreed. David waved at the other councilors to leave so that they could be alone.

David sat on the bed next to Max and looked at him. "So, Gwen said something about your parents not loving you. Is-is that true?" David asked with sad eyes, smile gone. "I don't want to talk about it." "Max, we need to talk about thi-" "SHUT UP DAVID! I DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT HOW MY SHITTY PARENTS ABUSED ME, REFUSED TO FEED ME, AND LEFT ME HERE AT THIS HELL HOLE JUST TO GET RID OF ME. I DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT HOW THEY DONT LOVE ME BECAUSE I WAS A MISTAKE. A BROKEN CONDOM. A SCREW UP. I- I ... I don't want to think about how I've never been loved before." Max began to cry again, this time curling up in a ball in David's side. Stunned by this new vulnerability and trust in David, he hugged Max. Max didn't fight it. He knew that David wasn't doing this out of pity, but because he actually cared.

"Hey Max, why don't you go to your tent and relax. You deserve a day off." Max obliged and began to walk towards the door. Before he did, he quickly ran to David and looked him dead in the eyes: "You tell this to no one or your dead, here me?!" David chuckled, "Glad your back to your old self, Max." Max quickly walked back to his tent, and curled up in a ball on his bed. He couldn't stop thinking about what had just happened. Should he tell Neil? Was David going to tell Gwen and Jasper about his parents? His thoughts were quickly cut off when he heard the tents flaps opening. "Max! Are you okay? We've been looking for you all afternoon!" It was Neil. His voice made Max smile, and he sat up straight. "I'm fine, just tired. This camp makes me bored." Max laughed a fake laugh to show that he was "fine". "I'm so glad! I thought something happened." Neil replied as he hugged Max. Neil quickly stepped away realizing what he had just done. "Sorry about that. I-I-I don't know where that came from. Hehe" Max saw Neil begin to blush. He thought his stutter was cute. "Ooh. Is the new kid nervous around me." Max said playfully. "I.. uh..." "I'm just messing with you, dork!" Max said, shoving the tall boy lightly.

"Okay. What the fuck did I just watch." The two boys turned around to see Nikki. "What?! Nothing happened we're just messing around, hehe" Max said, laughing nervously. " I don't believe it. The sexual tension is too much" "What the fuck, Nikki?" Neil looked annoyed, both him and Max's blush getting darker. "What?! You guys are both a blushing mess!" Nikki began to laugh. "I blush when I get annoyed." Max said. "Yeah! M-Me too!" Neil agreed. "Whatever." Nikki said as she walked away, a smirk on her face.

"Anyways, sorry about the hug Max." "It's fine! Max replied a little too happy than he intended. It's better than fine. It was amazing and I never want it to stop. The two boys jogged out of the tent together, trying to catch up to Nikki. It was dinner time, and the three were walking up to the mess hall. As they walked past the councilors cabin, they could hear yelling. Max became worried, old memories of his parents arguing coming back. He didn't want his friends to see him cry, so he swallows the feeling down. Who was yelling anyway? The trio walked towards the door and pressed their ears against the door to get a better listen. "YOU ARE AWFUL, HORRIBLE PEOPLE! YOU DON'T DESERVE HIM ANYWAY YOU- YOU-" All of a sudden, the yelling turned into crying. Wait, who was that?

"Oh no" Max said shakily as he realized what was going on.

Shit

David's talking to my parents

~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N

OMG this chapter was so hard to write. I didn't want the story to move to fast, so I hope I did a good job with that. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and the book so far! I enjoy writing it and I have so many ideas for how I want it to play out. As you can probably tell, I'm updating daily, so ye.
Long a/n
Sorrry :P

(Word Count: 993)

(I love how the count went from 200 words to almost 1000 lmao