Love Hurts

Grant yawned and looked up at the ceiling. He was back in his apartment, but he still hadn't called Claire. She thought he was away on tour still.

   Grant thought back to the first moment he had met Taylor.

   "Hey," he nodded to her. It was at an old restaurant, and she was at the register with a guitar.

   "Hi," she said shyly. Grant immediately noticed she was pretty. She had blond hair and bright eyes. She looked like some sort of fairytale princess.

   "What's your name?" he asked.

   "Taylor. Taylor Swift. I'm just here in Nashville to hand out my CD's."

   "Let's hear it then!" Grant grinned. Taylor dug in her pocket and found her iPod. She gave him an earbud and played a song for him.

   It wasn't actually half bad. She just needed some help on the guitar, that was all. She had a pretty southern voice and catchy lyrics.

   "Want me to help you with your guitar chords?" he asked.

   "Yes!" cried Taylor. "If you would. I had trouble with them at times."

   Grant chuckled and they walked outside to a bench. There, Grant began to teach her what he knew. At the end of the little 'teaching session' or whatever Taylor confided that she might want to start a band.

   "That's awesome!" Grant encouraged. "You would be big."

   "Thanks," Taylor blushed.

   Grant laughed to himself. That was a good memory. He also remembered the first time she walked in on him putting on eyeliner.

   Grant was humming to Fearless, which he would be playing in less than an hour. He just had to do his hair, but first ... his eyeliner.

   Grant couldn't explain why he did it. He just liked it. It added to his rock n' roll style he was trying to shoot for.

   "Whoa!" Taylor said loudly as she walked in.

   Grant spun around, only one eye halfway complete. Taylor and him stood facing each other for nearly a minute, figuring out what to do.

   "Sorry," Grant said, embarrassed.

   "It's okay!" Taylor said quickly. "You don't have to leave. I just came to do my hair."

   Grant slowly turned back to the mirror and Taylor walked further into the bathroom. There was an uneasy silence as Grant finished his one eye.

   "Looks good," grinned Taylor. Grant glanced at her and she started giggling.

   Soon, they were practically on the ground, tears running from their eyes. They were just laughing at the awkwardness of it all. What else could you do?

   Grant sighed and put his hands behind his head. Oh yeah, and there was that moment when he really started liking Taylor.

   "Hey," Grant called to Taylor as she walked in through the door for the bus.

   "What are you doing?" Taylor asked, plopping down on the small couch next to him.

   "Watching the History Channel," Grant smiled fondly. "It's about the Civil War."

   "You're always watching things about history," she giggled. "I like it, though. I-I mean..." her cheeks were turning pink and Grant noticed how attractive she looked. "I mean I like history, too."

   "Really?" Grant asked hopefully. "I love Abraham Lincoln."

   "That's awesome!" Taylor laughed. "He's a great person to look up to."

   Grant sat up now. He was starting to seriously miss Taylor. He reasoned that she was probably with that pretty-boy Joe. That scumbag.

   Grant had a sudden flashback.

   It was raining. Taylor usually loved it when it was raining. But not today. Grant knocked on her door and walked into her bedroom.

   She had locked herself in here for at least two days. Grant decided he ought to check up on her.

   "He-he broke up with me!" she sobbed as soon as he walked in.

   "What?" asked Grant, his anger already rising.

   "Joe broke up with me! In-in twenty s-seven seconds!" Taylor cried.

   "How?" Grant asked, hugging her close.

   "Over the p-p-phone!"

   Then she couldn't even talk anymore. Grant's temper was really high. He got Taylor into the kitchen for some chicken noodle soup. That idiot Jonas brother. He was going to get him back for this. For getting Taylor so heartbroken.

   Grant bolted up and grabbed his phone. He called Liz.

   "Liz!" he said breathlessly. "I need to come back. I need to see Taylor!"

   "I know!" Liz cried, sounding strained. "Taylor misses you like crazy. And the deal with the Jo-Bro's isn't going well."

   "Why not?" asked Grant. "Is he treating her badly?"

   "I guess," Liz shrugged. "But they have a show. Well, it's like a song or two. Good Morning America on the 12th."

   Grant's heart began racing. He had to be there. He had to go and find Taylor and play with her on that show.

   "So are you saying -"

   "Yes!" Liz cut in desperately. "You have to come. You have to be there for her!"

   "I'm on my way," Grant said, hanging up. He was going to be there for the girl that he met in a Nashville restaurant.