Bardock.....The Super Saiyan?

The first month of training with Kohl had been rough for Bardock. This legendary super saiyan stranger with godly powers and insane abilities made Bardock really interested in his fighting technique. One day, Kohl is determined to make Bardock a super saiyan so all of a sudden, he changes his tone in order to trigger Bardock's anger.

Kohl: Why couldn't you save the saiyan race?

Bardock is speechless, full of guilt and anger. He has no response so he just looks down, holds his blood-filled bandana and grits his teeth.

Bardock: I-I....I WAS TOO WEAK! But not anymore!

Kohl: You let your wife die!

Bardock: *extremely devastated at the thought* Gine....

Kohl: YOU LET YOUR ENTIRE TEAM DIE! AND MOST OF ALL YOU LET THE ENTIRE SAIYAN RACE DOWN! You said you would avenge them, but you never did. What a failure! You lost to Frieza and until now, you still cannot go super saiyan!

Bardock to himself: I should have been stronger! I should've killed Frieza! I couldn't protect Gine or my comrades! And Kakarot had to live his entire life without me! If it weren't for Kohl's wish I would've still been dead! Gine, Fasha, Shugesh, Borgos, Tora! All of them would have still been dead!

Bardock gets a flashback of all of his friends dying and his wife crying over Kakarot. Bardock feels extreme guilt and all of these angry thoughts gather in his mind until he loses it all and finally turns super saiyan screaming, "FRIEZAAAA!!!!!"

 Bardock feels extreme guilt and all of these angry thoughts gather in his mind until he loses it all and finally turns super saiyan screaming, "FRIEZAAAA!!!!!"

Kohl: So you did it huh? I knew all along you had this power inside you. True power comes from within. Your fear of losing your family and friends again is what lead you to become a real super saiyan.

Bardock: Come at me Kohl, let's fight!

Kohl and Bardock fight and obviously Kohl has the upper hand but Bardock is not too bad considering the fact that Kohl had trained for thousands of years.

When Bardock goes back to see Gine after a while, she does not recognize him. He is flying much faster and since Gine has not flown in a while, when she comes to greet him, she accidentally bumps her head on his armor in a funny, clumsy way.

 He is flying much faster and since Gine has not flown in a while, when she comes to greet him, she accidentally bumps her head on his armor in a funny, clumsy way

Author's explanation: the reason Kohl hid the saiyan planet is to protect the saiyans from villains like Beerus and Frieza, who target them. While Kohl could've defeated them, he chose not to interfere. Moreover, Kohl cannot let anyone out of the planet because then others will discover of its existence and pose a threat to it. So whenever he sends the saiyans on missions, he sends them in small groups using hidden pods.