Logan Storm | 20

I pulled up to Chelsea's three store and checked my watch. It was 8:39 p.m. . Chelsea strutted out in her cute laced red dress. it was simple yet sexy. She hopped in and said nothing.

"You look hot," I said, trying to light up the mood as I drove out of her driveway. She closed the door and reached for her seatbelt. I got no response.

"Chels," I tried again. "Babe." She huffed and told me to just drive. I rolled my eyes and tightened my grip on the steering wheel. Hoe was mad...

She applied her red lipstick with agility until I hit a bump.
"Fucking hell, Logan! "
"Sorry," I muttered. We drove in silence until we arrived at the school.

"Tickets?" Asked the principal as we entered the gymnasium.  He eyed me with a look of suspicion and annoyance.  Dido, I thought. Chelsea pulled the two from her handbag and flashed it in front of the mans face. He nodded and let us through.

"I'm getting punch, " Chelsea said, and without another word, walked off. "I will never understand women," I muttered, looking around at the nearly empty gym, poorly decorated with streamers and balloons. My eyes wondered out of boredom.

"Hey brother!" I felt a hand grab my shoulder and looked around to see warm brown eyes belonging to Nathan, a buddy from the football team.

"Hey, Nate! You here alone?" I recalled his confession from lunch about wanting to take Lisa, the half Filipino half Chinese girl to the dance. He glanced away, and a bit of embarrassment and nervousness flashed in his eyes.

"I hadn't asked her, but I was hoping to tonight," As if to change the subject, he added, "so you're here with Chelsea?" He looked around as if to find her. I sighed.

"Yeah, but she seems to be mad at me. I don't know why though. You coming to the after party?" I gave him a nudge with my shoulder and added, "There'll be real drinks there, not some powdery punch."

He laughed and arched a brow. "Why do you think i even came here? You know the after parties are always lit, so long as the hot tub's open and I'm on the guest list." I was assuring him he was, when 6 fine ladies made an entrance.

Maeson, the brunette, was first in, donning a purple mermaid dress and matching hand purse. Following was two cute blondes, one dressed in blue, the other in black, another brunette in orange, Nathan's love interest, and...

One strawberry blonde.

The others looked beautiful, but Jenette...she stole my breath from my lungs. She was dressed in a pastel pink dress, not showing much skin but complementing her hues and aesthetic. Her hair was curled and makeup was applied gently and thoughtfully.

Her lips were plump and pink, her eyes shone brightly, contrasting her eyeshadow, and her cheeks blushed a tint that I'd come accustomed to.

This Jenette was much different than the one seen throughout the week- messy, insecure, and quiet. Confidence looked good on her. She smiled with her toothpaste-commercial worthy teeth and greeted a few boys that came the group's way.

I looked away and tugged at my suit, feeling a little guilty and angry that I was feeling this way. She was just so weird. I didn't like her. Now where was Chelsea?