Jenette Laine | 7

I walked out of History after the long lesson about greetings (NEW FLASH, I didn't need to know that the French kiss a lot). I went to my locker and caught a glimpse of a dark haired boy with a green bookbag exiting the office. People grew silent for a second before their voices found way back.

"He's so hot!" a girl by the locker next to me whined.

"I'd kill for just one taste!" another chimed.

I wrinkled my nose in disgust.

"Such a bad boy," whispered another teen as she drifted past. I'd only seen a part of his face, but I didn't think it was worth drooling over.

My eyes traveled to him and I watched as he dipped his face down onto a girl- yeah, ok, thats enough. I looked away, blush creeping into my cheeks for not respecting their privacy. But then again- this was a highschool, the fuck?

The bell rang, announcing the start of the second class. "Shit," I muttered, slamming my locker and shifting my books. I raced into room 203. As I entered, I heard a booming voice greet us: "Welcome, students!"

I took a seat and he sent me a slight disapproving glance. "A little late there, dear. Let's not make a habit of it?" I quickly shook my head and looked away, heat spreading over me as I became the center of attention. But then a few other lolligaggers popped in, and the attention was diverted.

The strange teacher boomed again, "Now as you've all probably noticed"- he pointed to his goggles resting above his round red nose-" I'm wearing these. And what usually happens with these? Well, experiments of course. And if that's what you though we would be doing, you're half right.

"But before we get into that, let me introduce myself. I am Mr. E. Short for Mr. Eduardo, but let's not get into that. Call me that name and I will bury you alive in elephant toothpaste." He was a short, stocky white man that reminded me of Einstein. Though He was probably only 5'8" , he radiated enough power to be respected madly. Pointing a finger out into the crowd, he seemed to be challenging us.

One moron called out his full name and we all laughed.
Mr. E muttered loud enough while seeming to search, "Ah, yes, now where have I placed the tools?" The laughter soon died down and he said, more serious, " Now then," he said, clapping his hands together. "First off, I-"

Right then a girl and boy entered, giggling. The girls lipstick was smeared and the boy's hair was messy. Oh God, it must be those two I saw making out, I thought. Mr. E sighed. "Now, Ms. Lopez, you and Storm are five minutes late. Got an excuse?"

The girl held up a broken pump and stifled a laugh. "My heel broke." I recognized the designer shoe as the one that had kicked my sketchbook. I glowered. The boy claimed in a husky voice that he was helping her. The science teacher purses his lips. "Very well, I will dismiss this tardy. Just this once. Seats, please."

I wondered how he knew their name. He hadn't known mine, which he shouldn't, since it was the first day. "Legends!" A girl whispered to me, excitedly. "We get to have classes with Legends!"

The so-called 'Legends' took a seat, but not before giving each other knowing looks. Mr. E proclaimed, "Okay, students, you shall be given a project on getting to know each other. We are all new here, different. Undiscovered. Like...what else? Planets! You will get to know each other and  get to model a recently discovered planet!"

He clapped his hands. "Exciting, right? I will be assigning partners." Damn it, I thought. I hate partners. The class moaned. He took attendance and then started naming off pairs, but I didn't listen. I just sketched in my Art Book, watching as my mindless doodles formed into something detectable. 

Then my name being called jolted me out of my peace: "Ms. Laine? In the far right corner, Logan Storm is your partner." I whipped my head up in disbelief so fast I got whiplash. But there was no mistake in what I was seeing. It was him.

The same good-looking jerk from the 8th grade.