Logan Storm | 9

I smirked and walked to the desk where the girl his her face in a blue spiral notebook.

"Hey..?" I said, trying to catch a glimpse of her face. I pulled up an chair and sat on it backwards, crossing my arms in the top of it. She dropped her- I squinted my eyes to read it upside down- XL mix media pad.

"Hi," she said.

Something about her clothes... That uncomfortable tone of her voice reminded me of-

"Hey, are you ok?" I blurted, remembering the Cafeteria moment. She looked confused, angry.

"I-I mean about the Xander thing... I heard." Her eyes widened for a brief second, but she covered it up.

"Fine," She muttered. A red tint seeped into her cheeks.

Deeper recognition hit my eyes as I studied deeper: reddish blond hair, glimmering green eyes, introverted nature... My eyes lit up.

I let them wander to her chest, where a satisfied smile grew on my chapped lips, busting it open from the fight. She noticed my gaze and pulled her sketched up, resting her chin on it. I fought the urge to frown.

Her eyebrows were furrowed and she had a pout on her lips, reminding me of a cute puppy.

"What are you staring at?" She growled. I replied, "Just some...memories, that's all." Her reddening cheeks and glance away told me she got the reference. I thought she muttered a jerk.

"Hey, it's Janet, right?" I asked, eyebrows punched as I struggled to remember the firehead's name. I hadn't seen her since 8th grade, Sherlock Middle. She must have transferred to Rosemont High this year.

She looked up, a scowl on her face. "No, it's Jenette." Her voice was laced with annoyance.

"That's what I said," I said, straightening my posture. She looked at me, eyes set and unamused. "Jenette," she sat her book down and crossed her arms. "Jen-ette. Not Janet. Jenette."

"Janet," I said.

"Jenette," she said.

"Janet."

"Jenette!"

"Janet."

"No!" She snapped, losing her temper. "I am not some old lady who likes yellow and green floral! And you're not funny!"

She amused me. "Relax," I whispered, leaning in. I watched her green eyes grow. They were two of the most green eyes I had ever seen.