Jenette Laine | 32

I hopped in Logan's truck and buckled up. He did the same and started the car, putting on some terrible rap music.

"This music sucks," I remarked, turning towards the window to stare at trees fading to blurs. First that terrible drink (though it did work), and now this terrible music? This week was getting worse by the minute.

He glanced at me and smiled, revealing those perfectly white teeth.

"I know."

"Then why'd you put it on?"

He shrugged, and his lips curled into a devilish smirk. "I had to have something distract me from your beauty, otherwise we might crash."

I rolled my eyes and snuck a glance at him. My cheeks burned as I unconsciously admired his side profile. And the way his hand gripped the wheel...

"Oh my God, "I groaned, squeezing my eyes shut.

"Blinded by my beauty, too?" he asked, flashing that cocky grin of his. I shot him a glare and answered, "If anything, I'm blinded by your huge ego." It wasn't too much of a lie, either.

He frowned, slowing down at a stop sign. He flicked his blinker on and glanced to each side.

"I'm just worried about what I'm gonna tell my parents."

He clicked his tongue and said, "Check your phone. I, uh, charged it and had to send some messages to assure them you were still alive while you were out."

I unlocked my phone and glared at the new home screen as a picture if himself. I looked up to see him smiling, pleased with himself. I had to find out fast how to change it.

If my mother saw a picture of a shirtless hot guy for my background, she would have some concerns.

The messages he sent to my mom were pretty solid, and since I am usually honest with them, Mom and Dad would have no reason not to believe it.

I nodded. "Okay... but how'd u get in?"

"I used your finger," he said. "You need to go get a manicure, by the way."

I scoffed. "You're one to talk." I looked at his calloused fingers gripping the steering wheel. Veins coarsed from his hands up to his biceps, where they were were not too buff, but not too skinny.

"Are you checking me out?" Logan grinned, locking his gaze into my eyes, which I quickly diverted.

"You wish," I muttered, but couldn't stop the growing redness on my cheeks. The grin didn't leave his face until he dropped me off.

"Where have you been, young lady?" Greeted my mother, standing akimbo at the door entrance.

"I thought you were supposed to be home an hour ago. And whose truck was that you just pulled up in?" My dad revealed himself, resting an arm on my mother's shoulder.

I bit my lip and grimaced. "Sorry, the girls and I got caught up. And that was Mr. Edward's new truck. I felt a ping of guilt tighten my chest for lying to them, but what was i supposed to say?

' Sorry Mom, I'm late because I was passed out drunk from that party adults were supposed to be at, and I had to stay the night with a boy that tested my teenage hormones'.

Yeah, that wouldn't go well.

"Its fine," Dad said, swatting the air. "Just come inside and taste these awesome banana milkshakes your mother whipped up for us. Mom just sighed and rolled her eyes, and I followed them inside.

Dad was right: they were some awesome milkshakes.