4 | Escape

Three days later

I walked down the street towards karasuno highschool, humming as I walked. I hadn't seen Hinata in a couple days, I wonder if he's okay... I was getting worried at this point.

Maybe he decided he didn't want to be my friend... understandable I guess.

I looked at the scenery as I walked. It was a sunny day, so all of the plants and such were very green and beautiful. I smiled at the thought of sunny days, and the weekend.

The only cons of weekends are my parents coming home and their strict rules. They basically force me to hang out with them all day, which I understand because they don't see me during the weekdays, but I never get alone time.

I stopped when I saw my school in the distance. I really didn't want to go to school that day. I let out a sigh and continued walking in the direction of the school. I was really early, so I contemplated peeking into the gym to see if maybe Hinata had morning practices or something.

I turned my body in the direction of the gym and started to walk briskly. I knew it seemed a little obsessive to want to know where Hinata was, but honestly I was worried... and nosey if i'm completely honest.

As I reached the doors of the gym, I peeked my head around the corner and looked inside. I didn't see anyone or anything, and I became disappointed at the sight. Now I was really worried.

I turned around to walk back to the front of the school, but as soon as I turned I bumped into a tall figure. I stumbled backwards, but before I could fall a hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me back on my feet.

I gathered my balance and brushed myself off. "I'm so sorry, that was my fault." I apologized. When I looked up... it was Kageyama, Hinata fixed beside him. My heart immediately dropped and I felt my face heat up. Of course this would happen to me.

"Were you looking for something?" Kageyama asked with a stoic expression on his face. I paused for a second and then nodded slowly. My hands were clammy and I could feel my heartbeat in my fingertips. I was struck with nervousness. Typical me.

I stood there for a moment and rapidly thought of any excuse I could make to not sound like a total freak. I couldn't just say I was looking for Hinata because I hadn't seen him in a couple days, that just sounds like I'm a stalker or something. Suddenly I had it.

"I remembered that I left my jacket on campus yesterday, so I arrived early to find it... it took me less time than I had thought though." I said as I pointed to my jacket in my other hand. Both boys nodded and it seemed like they bought it. Perfect, less awkwardness.

"Did you guys have practice or something?" I asked. They were here a little earlier than usual too. They looked at each other and just made faces back and forth, almost like they were communicating through facial expressions. I just watched until they both turned around at the same time.

"Nope" Hinata said and Kageyama nodded, confirming what he said. They were both acting very suspicious, kinda creeped me out. I looked at both of them with a confused face before I spoke up.

"Okay" I said slowly, "Well I'm going over here, you guys can figure out what's going on between you two."

After I was done speaking I walked into the school and found a place to sit by my first classroom. I could hear them behind me arguing quietly as I walked into the school. 'That was weird' I thought to myself. I unzipped my bag and pulled out my homework from the previous night, which I didn't do... but since I was early, why not do it now?

------------------------

I jumped on my bed and sighed, school was rough today. I closed my eyes and thought about what I could do later to avoid boredom. My parents were coming home that night, so I'd either have to sneak out or find something fun to do inside my house.

I picked up my phone and went to Kageyama's contact. I hadn't texted him at all since he had given me his number, but I decided I wanted to be a rebel tonight. I opened a new message and started typing:

(Y/n): Hey

I pressed send and waited. It didn't take long until I got a reply, and excitement peaked inside of me when my phone pinged.

Blueberry Boy: Who is this?

I mentally facepalmed and remembered that he didn't have my number.

(Y/n): Oh sorry, it's (y/n)

Blueberry Boy: Oh hey

(Y/n): You have plans tonight?

Blueberry Boy: No why?

(Y/n): Meet me at the park later if you can... preferably around midnight i have to avoid my parents

Blueberry Boy: Yes ma'am

I giggled and put my phone down beside me. I see potential for a great friendship with him. At least I know he'll help me sneak out if I need to, he knows I'm doing it later.

Right when I was about to go downstairs for a snack, I heard the front door open as well as keys jingling and clanking together.

"We're home!" I heard from downstairs. My parents are back, which means I can't hermit. Uh.

I walked downstairs and greeted them both with a hug.

"Hey sweetie, how's school been?" My mom asked me. I smiled and shrugged. "Normal I guess" I said. She looked back to my father who also shrugged at her.

She looked back to me and huffed. I could tell she was sad. She's always wanted me to come out of my shell more, but I prefer to keep to myself most of the time.

"Oh come on, no extravagant friends you want to tell us about?" She said playfully. I giggled and that caught her attention. I didn't deny it, so she knew something was up.

My father perked his head up and joined the conversation. He looked at me and I just stared back. He gasped and sat down at the table with my mom and I.

"She's got something" He said excitedly.

My mom put her head in her hands and raised her eyebrows towards me.

"Is it a boy?" She asked. I felt my face heat up and I quickly shot down her idea.

"No, definitely not... No one at my school is even cute." I said, a nervous laugh laced my words.

They both looked at me with a certain look on their faces. They didn't believe me, but they didn't mention it after my mom gave me an 'Mhm', so I didn't mind it much.

My father walked out of the kitchen and re-entered with a board game. I sighed and prepared for hours of nonstop talking.

-------------------------

I walked into my room and shut my door. The amount of socializing I just did drained all of my energy. Nevermind that, I have some work to do.

I rummaged through the tote hidden in my closet and grabbed the materials for my escape. I have a thing where I order things offline and hoard them in this tote for when I need them.

Out of the tote I grabbed a foldable ladder and a bag with emergency stuff in case I need it.

After I grabbed what I needed I looked around my room, then fixed onto my bed. I had made it look like I was still lying there with pillows, cliche I know, but it's worked for me before. I let out a deep breath and opened my window.

It's time for my escape.