10 | The Calm After The Storm

*beep beep*

I woke up in Kageyama's arms, his chest rising and falling slowly as he breathed. The alarm clock's piercing sounds didn't seem to faze him at all. He slept soundly, as if nothing could disturb him.

I didn't want to move in fear of waking him up, I didn't want to disturb his peace. So as a solution, I closed my eyes again, tuning out the alarm clocks sounds.

As I settled back in, I felt his arm move from my side to the alarm clock, turning it off. I didn't move, I wanted to stay here forever in his arms. I felt invincible, as if that's possible.

I knew he was awake at this point, but he didn't dare wake me up.

Slowly, he took his arms out from around me, and got off of the bed. I heard the door open and Kageyama exit the room.

I took this time to sit up and finally wake myself up. I rubbed my eyes and stretched my body, groaning slightly as I did so. My wonderland was over, hopefully not for forever.

The door opened back up and in walked Kageyama with my now dry uniform.

"Did I wake you up?" He asked.

I shook my head and stood up, "I woke up when the alarm went off." I say quietly.

He handed me my uniform and I went off to change again.

------------------------------------------------

We left the house and started our walk back to school once again. Everything was much prettier than the night before...

The calm after the storm.

I took in the beautiful scenery and breathed in the refreshing air. The scenery sparkled with the extra dampness from the night before.

"You seem to really like nature, huh?" Kageyama said softly. I nodded and giggled a bit. "At least the pretty parts."

After that there was silence for a while. The events of the night before hung awkwardly in the air, I was flustered. As we walked I could feel my face heating up more and more, after every second of the night before I recalled.

"Are you okay?"

I turned to him and blushed even more. "Yeah, I'm okay." I said, forcing my tone to stabilize.

"If you say so." he replied.

I kicked at the ground as we walked, mustering up the courage to speak to him. The warm feeling of being in his arms kept boiling in my body, I longed for him to engulf me in them again.

"Are you nervous for tomorrow?" I asked. He hasn't really talked about it since he asked me, when my parents showed up.

"Yeah actually." he said, "I'm not nervous about my abilities as much as seeing someone from my past... that I frankly don't want to see."

"What did they do?" I asked. He sighed and my heart dropped... wrong time.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked-"

"No it's fine." He cut me off before I could go any further. He seemed like he genuinely didn't mind though, so I brushed it off.

"Y'know that guy that confronted you last night?" He asked. I nodded and he continued, "well Oikawa's personality is even worse."

"Oh wow, he sounds like such a good person." I said sarcastically, which earned a small laugh from him.

We walked in sight of the school and a small groan escaped my lips. I had to find a way to keep myself busy while Kageyama practiced... and I wasn't too good at entertaining myself.

"Here we go, another day of hell."

————————————————

Short chapter... im sorry :)

I needed a filler but I didn't want it to be too long bc fillers are annoying in my opinion

Anyway I'm writing again, so I'm probably gonna upload a little more frequently