12 | The Cemetery

I made my way through the cemetery, pink roses held gently in my hands. Kageyama and Hinata walk behind me, not saying a word.

"You guys can talk, you know" I say, slightly turning my head to glance behind me. They both nod, but neither say anything.

I roll my eyes and giggle as I continue walking past tombstones.

After walking several more steps we reach our destination. I turn towards my grandmother's tombstone, setting the roses in the vase that sat beside of it.

Azumi (l/n)

"Your grandmother's name is very pretty." Hinata says as he steps up beside me.

I smile and look towards him, "Thank you, she would've loved to hear that."

Kageyama still stood behind us, hands stuffed in his pockets. I turn around to meet his gaze, his expression sort of uncomfortable.

"Are you okay, scared maybe?" I say teasingly. His cheeks gain a pink tint and huffs.

"I'm not scared... just uncomfortable. I'm not a huge fan of cemeteries." He says, his voice kind of wobbly.

"Then why did you come?" I ask. I giggle a small bit, he was cute when he was flustered.

"Well," he stops for a second, taking one of his hands from his pockets and placing it on the back of his neck, "I want to pay my respects to your grandmother."

My heart flutters and I feel my face heat up. "Thank you" I say. He nods and walks forward towards the tombstone, standing beside Hinata and I.

"So, what do we do?" Kageyama asks quietly.

I've been coming to my grandmother's grave three times a year since she passed away... her birthday, new years, and a random day when I miss her greatly. Today, May 4th, is her birthday. When I told the boys I had plans to visit the cemetary Kageyama insisted he come, Hinata following his decision.

I wasn't gonna tell them no.

"I'm gonna sing to her." I say with a smile. "Well hum."

I look between the boys, "You guys don't mind, right?".

Hinata furrows his brows and cocked his head, "No, why would we?".

"Some people think it's annoying." I say.

I breathe in deeply before I start humming my grandmother's song. I always sing for her on her birthday, she always told me singing was her biggest passion. When we sang together she always smiled, she even made this song for me.

To remind me that even if I was alone then, I would have trusted friends someday.

'I promise it only gets better', she'd say. I never believed her...

Until now.

My voice starts to shake and my eyes well up with tears.

"Are you okay?" I hear beside me.

I turn my head to meet Kageyama's eyes, holding back the tears from spilling down my face, "I miss her so much." I say, my voice brittle.

Kageyama's arms wrap around me and I collapse into his chest, the tears I were holding back finally falling.

He rubs his hand up and down my back, comforting me. I tried not to break down when I visit, but it never works... and today was no exception.

After a couple of minutes I regain my composure and sit up. "Thank you guys for coming with me." I say softly.