3| Can't Take My Eyes Off You

Five in the morning and I was up already beginning my day, I found it easier to get around while everybody was still in bed, it was cool being the neighborhood celebrity but sometimes became overwhelming when I needed quiet time or to concentrate ...

Five in the morning and I was up already beginning my day, I found it easier to get around while everybody was still in bed, it was cool being the neighborhood celebrity but sometimes became overwhelming when I needed quiet time or to concentrate on my work.

With the team dinner tonight to welcome in Kierra, I needed to get a head start on inventory and restocking before we shut down to get ready.

"Good morning pops, you want me to get the coffee up and running?" 

He nodded while counting up the register for the day, Kierra's big ass bag tripped me up.

"Pops, Kierra already here?"

"Yeah she said she wanted to get a head start" Great minds clearly thought alike, I went to the office to start up the pot of coffee.

Kierra sat Indian style in my computer chair with furrowed eyebrows biting her bottom lip while she sketched in a book.

"Good morning" Her head shot up.

"Good morning, I hope you don't mind I wanted to get this started immediately"

I already could see she had a good work ethic and didn't mind diving into her task without someone asking, I appreciated a hard worker.

"You straight, matter fact I'm going to get you a key if you ever need to come in when it's closed up" I stepped to the coffee pot " You drink coffee?"

"Yes and I definitely go for some right about now"

Kierra rubbed her eyes, I grabbed the remote to the television turning it to Martin for me to sit down and watch while I went through inventory.

"How long you been here?"

"I was outside the store around three until your dad got here at four and let me in"

I didn't like the idea of a female being out so early in the dark in this area, shit wasn't safe.

"Shit not safe around here and you a woman I don't like that you out here by yourself, anytime you come here before or after hours hit me up so I can come through or get security to sit out and keep an eye on you"

"I live in a worse area" Kierra mumbled under her breath.

"I get you independent and been on your own doing things but you ain't gotta do that no more with me and my team around we don't play about the women in our circle"

I saw her tore up sneakers on the floor and I couldn't have her out here looking like that when she was apart of my circle now we all ran in uniformity.

"What size shoe you wear? Small?"

Kierra laughed looking down at her tiny ass feet, she reached down looking in her sneakers.

"These are a size too small I can't remember the last time I purchased shoes for myself, I'm a size four"

I walked away from the coffee station going to a box of limited Puma sneakers grabbing a pair her size, holding them out to her.