5| She Works Hard For The Money

"What I need from you is understanding, how can we communicate if you don't hear what I say"

I sang lowly to myself tuning out the customers inside of the store while I stood on a short ladder painting the wall in the front of the store.

"I don't get how you up there working after last night" Sammy drank from a water bottle with sliced lemons floating inside.

"I can't even tell you how I'm up here right now with the way I'm feeling"

There was no doubt about it that I went extra hard on the liquor last night and then woke up without even eating or drinking anything, I was miserable as hell.

" You got to stay hydrated my love" I wiped the sweat from my forehead on the back of my hand "You want me to get you something?"

"Sammy what you doing over here distracting her for?"

"I was just trying to see-

"You need to go see about those online orders that you behind on" Ermias spoke sternly making his sister roll her eyes and suck her teeth.

"Somebody in a pissy ass mood" 

"Samantha" He warned her, I turned away to mind my business and get back to what I was being paid for.

"Okay I got it, damn!"

I could feel him staring at what I was doing, I stopped painting waiting to hear his opinion on it so far.

"When did we discuss the base of the wall being red?"

"I thought that was inside of the paperwork" I stepped down off the ladder sitting down  the paint brush on top of the can.

"Nah I said black not red" He looked at the wall with a frown " Look if you not going to do the right work then I can find somebody else that's qualified to spend my money on"

I cocked my head back offended by the way he was coming at me over a small mistake.

"I get your displeased with me making a small mistake but you don't have to come at me like that, I can start over"

" You don't get it I need this done no later than today and it's already hitting four in the afternoon and you used up all of the red paint for the wrong thing"

His mood was off today and I knew it was because of my reckless actions the night before.

"Can you just chill?-

"Ain't no chilling, I got a full press day inside this store and the wall being painted was my finishing touch then you behind on designs"

"Whoa look I know you mad still about last night but you don't have to talk to me like I'm a kid, I can get it done"

"Nobody thinking about last night, you behind on work and you not focused" I closed my eyes counting backwards from ten because I knew how crazy my mouth could get.