19| Thunderstorm

I needed to finish up the little bit of work I had left at my stores before I took my leave to support and take care of my wife

"We need some sort of strong adhesive to hold up her artwork on the wall but not damage the wall at the same time"

I did promise my wife I would be there for her and I just needed to make final business decisions and check up on her case before I handed it over to someone else.

" You can also try out easels to set them up on so you don't even have to hang them on the wall" Sammy suggested sitting in the conference room.

"How much they run for?"

" Between ten to a hundred dollars"

"I like that idea look into some of those things for me"

This was the first time I truly sat in the conference room since Kierra's incident, my eyes set on the spot in the corner where I found her, although the blood had been cleaned up the mental memory of it was still there.

"You heard me?" I finally broke my trance looking to my sister.

"Nah repeat it again"

"You've been out of it Nip, what is going on with you?"

"Just got a lot on my plate and my mind"

Right now I should have been with my wife but I was too busy trying to avoid her.

"What is it really?" Sammy pressed me to give out the real reason why I was spaced out.

"I can't see her like that"

"Like what in a wheelchair?"

I looked away in shame, it was selfish of me to avoid my wife because of my own personal feelings.

"Really? so you telling me you spoke vows for better or for worse , through sickness and in health and you dodging your responsibilities?"

"I can't get that morning out of my fucking head, I feel guilty as fuck"

I allowed Kierra to constantly come in early mornings by herself to work instead of setting rules on her only working when the store was opened up and I was there.

"Guilty about what? not being there for her?"

"Yeah, I shouldn't have let her always come here that early with no security or nobody with her for protection"

"How were you suppose to know this would happen?"

"I should have made sure she was safe all the time that's my fucking job as a man and husband and I didn't show up for her"

"Why not kill that guilt with doing all you can do now to support and protect her?" I shook my head tapping my pen against the table.

"I got shit to do before I can give her all my time"