Line 4

Line 4

Many of our classmates complained why, in the 21st century, where everything is digital, we're here doing everything manuallly. Naisip ko rin iyon. I heard some from people from Civil Engineering that they with be taking classes at the computer lab soon, while we're here with our pencils and our boards.

"You need to learn from the basics. Think of this. What if there is a blackout, or someone stole your laptop? What if you accidentally spill your coffee?"

"Buy another laptop!" Vander shouted.

"Nice try, minus five on your next plate."

"Joke lang Ma'am!" Vander defended.

"As I was saying, the basics are the foundation of your career. You wouldn't build a building without foundation right? Or maybe you put a foundation but what if it's not the correct one?"

Architect Yerenica Deutsch walked toward the center aisle.

"Disaster, right? Master your basics. It is your guideline to being a great architect. You see, even the greatest architects have to start from the bottom."

"Ambition is great, but you have to be teachable. You first have to listen. That's you're here. That's why we're here as your professors, to guide you, future architects to be great. I'm sure every single one of you wants to be successful. Each one of you wants to win the Pritzker Prize when you have your license, right?"

"Listen to this guys, if you can conquer this little part. If you can master these, the most basic aspects of your architecture studies, what more can you accomplish?"

I'm pretty sure, after that everyone got fired up. I too, was touched by the words. We all were eager to our class.

"So, concept... Architectural Concept. All those enrolled in my subject, Design I, this is the central topic this semester. Brace yourselves, there are nine more Design subjects so you better consider this subject holy."

I've heard stories from our professors that mostly the three or four sections in first year ended up being just one section and only half of that made it to graduation.

I can't imagine not graduating on time. That would be a nightmare.

Architect stood at the podium and smiled sweetly.

"May you all spend just five years here in Grimaldi University.

--

"Grabe! Information overload!" Uri stretched her arms after loosening her tie as we rested at the common room.

The word room is clearly an understatement, this place is huge! It's the size of a ballroom and also looks like a ballroom if you remove the furniture.

It's three in the afternoon pero feeling ko binugbog ako sa gym class. I feel like my brain is stuffed until it's at the brink of explosion.

"Gusto nyo ng pizza?" Iradessa asked.

"Yes!" Uri even raised her hand.

"Good, umorder ka."

Uri scowled pero umorder rin naman.

I layed down the couch and stared at the crystal chandelier above. The ceiling is also decorated with delicate carvings and gold linings. The interior of the dorm in general is in romantic style as if inspired by Versailles, only this was in warmer colors mainly burgundy to give it that cozy vibe.

The pizza boxes seemed misplaced at this setting though. Uri ordered enough pizza for a party. Hindi naman ako malakas kumain tsaka may dalawang box pa na di nabubuksan.