Chapter 7

Dusk was tired of constantly being knocked out by one thing or another. He picked his head up off the marble flooring. The armband was still on him. His large wings were tied back, and he was in a lighter room. The windows were bars, like the stereotypical prisons he heard about from people talking on the street. There was a large bale of hay, and a few animal hides sewn together on top. Wow, a bed. 

He wondered when his job would start. He leaped up, grasping the bars and pulling himself to look at the outside. He could only see beams of sun as his eyes started to adjust. He couldn't make out where he was. The door opened and he dropped back to the floor. A guard dropped him a leather tunic. Dusk picked it up and bowed his head slightly to the guard, and that is when he realized how embarrassing this should be. Every dragon he had seen in the Sun Kingdom had some sort of clothing. He quickly put the tunic on and sat back down, waiting for something to happen. Dusk lightly touched the armband with his claw, and a slight static shock traveled up his spine. He picked up a small straw of hay and sliced it down with his claw, folding it into a small origami dragon and setting it aside. A loud buzzing noise suddenly became audible, and it bounced around the empty room. Dusk became aware of a bright light, and the top of his "room" opened. What the hell? The floor began to raise up slightly, and he moved to the corner and crouched, wondering what was going on. A mean looking guard basically shoved an electrified sword in his face, and Dusk skittered back to the middle of the platform. He was in a very large marble arena, and it was filled to the brim with glowing Sunwings. He squinted against the bright sand and white stone pillars as the colors assaulted his vision. A Sandwing circled over head, holding a large cone in his talons,

"Today, ladies and gentlemen, we have an oddity! A traitor of blood! A Sunwing Eclipsewing, or as I like to say, a SolarEclipse!"

The crowd booed down into the arena and threw a different manner of things at him. 

"I can see I'm not the most popular dragon in the kingdom," He picked a bug off of his scales and shredded it in his claws.

"Our gracious Majesty!" The announcer carried on, ignoring Dusk, "Has taken pity on this wretched creature, and made it a servant! But she wants everyone to know, this is what your children will deal with if she finds out their even remotely related to an Eclipsewing!"

Dusk bowed mockingly at the crowed as they half booed him and half cheered the queen.

"Today, it will be fighting a cave bear provided to us ever graciously by our Head Scientist Combustion!"

A large Sunwing with a red underbelly stood up and bowed as the crowed fawned over him.

Dusk rolled his eyes, I've fought a bear before, this should be easy.

A large cage was raised up from the opposite side of the arena, and a giant, greyish brown bear stood in the center.

"So is it like supercharged or something because that isn't a regular bear." Dusk looked up at the announcer.

"'Tis a cave bear! Prehistoric, huge, and yes, supercharged with a variety of boosters provided by our scientists." The Sunwing lost some of his charm when talking to Dusk, acting as though Dusk was a mere flea asking for directions.

Dusk nodded and crouched, shaking his body out and making sure his tunic wasn't under his feet.

"And on the count of three, the battle shall commence! Three, two, one... Go!"

The cage was opened quickly, and the bear lumbered over to Dusk at an alarming rate. Dusk ran forward as fast as his legs could carry him, lunging close to it. The bear roared on smashed down on his body, scoring deep scratches. Dusk blew fire into his face, and the fire began to turn a multitude of colors. 

"Stop the fight!" The announcer yelled. Guards tackled Dusk and locked a muzzle onto him, dragging him back to his plate as they rounded up the bear. One hit him over the head as hard as he could, and Dusk fell, unconscious yet again.