Ch.5: Dramatic Piano Pieces

(Don't own photo)

"You were right! I shouldn't have eaten all that popcorn and candy, but it was so good-ah!" You quickly dodged the attack from the launching chairs, stumbling forward to the stage. 

Luigi stood on the other side of the room also dodging the red chairs that flew his way, you held your side realizing just how long it's been since you've had to dodge actual attacks. "Can't you play something less violent, as much as I love pianists this is just to intense." 

Your voice strained, staring at the purple ghost. His white hair was slicked back, and his purple suit brought the whole pianist look together. The ghost just gave you a look, scoffing before playing a different tune. He obviously took your request into consideration. You eyes widened at the sight of blue ghosts with tutus spinning onto stage, their green masks would make it harder to capture them. You didn't complain, liking the playful tune of the music.

Luigi now stood beside you, already trying to remove the masks while you tried not to get slapped from how fast they twirled. You swiftly flashed the first two being able to slam them into the others, catching most of them. Luigi tried his best to help, only being able to remove the masks before they started to swirl again. Their taunts weren't the best, some insults here and there but were mostly toward the green plumber. The music had started to speed up, as the number ghosts began to decrease until finally Luigi caught the last one. You flinched back at the sound of the piano going off tune. The pianist didn't seem to like that the two of you were still in the room.

"You are quite the pests," his voice was gravely, his white hair flared as he went into a rage. 

The two of you stepped back as the piano he inhabited jumped down toward the two of you, nearly missing you by a few inches. You could feel your stomach turn from how scared you were, and the fact you had eaten a large quantity at the concessions. The vibrations from his fall made you stumble back, Luigi tried hard to dodge the same thing as the piano tried several times to land on the two of you. You two dodged a few white keys that flew at you, the pianos music played every few seconds. Until finally Luigi tried to flash the purple pianist, who emerged from the piano to rage at its damage, but it proved to be useless as he dramatically fell back into it. Finally after some time the piano landed onto the stage where there was a moment of pause, until bombs flew from within. Your eyes widened running away from the ticking ones, and dodging the flaming piano notes.

"How the heck did he get bombs! This is a hotel not a war zone," you cried running toward the corner of the room while Luigi finally got one bomb back into the piano. 

The loud explosion erupted through the whole auditorium. Luigi moved swiftly using a suction cup to try and break the piano to rid it of the ghost inside. You quickly ran over to help barely being able to swing it onto the floor. And with one finally heave it flew above your heads and shattered into millions of pieces and the pianist wasn't so happy.

"Why you little-can't you see all I want is some peace and quite! I'm going to make your little green friend into a piano!" His voice rang with anger as he disappeared, you cautiously looked around hoping to find him.

You glanced over at Luigi who had the same worried look, when suddenly you were lifted and carried around the room for a few second before being thrown on stage. Luigi was shoved roughly with the pianists hands. He stumbled forward before flashing the place he thought the ghost was. "I told you we should've just asked him nicely! He only got mad because you wanted to capture him." 

You worriedly moved to the side, stumbling back against the painting of Toad. "With a temper like his I'm sure this would've been inevitable!"

Luigi yelled from across the room, trying to capture the ghost within his Poltergust. You sighed deeply, laying against the polished wooden floor knowing Luigi was going to get him. The familiar sound of the ghosts struggles as he was being sucked in, slowly disappeared as he bowed. Luigi slumped down with a tired sigh, taking off his cap to wipe the sweat from his forehead.