Twenty

Part XX.

Morning came and Young Hyun's alarm clock started beeping. He got a bit awaken by it and so with his eyes closed, he turned off the alarm. It didn't took a while before he rose up very quickly as he realized Ah Rin was laying down beside him.

Shocked, he actually checked out if something wrong happened since he only remembered at the moment is that they drank soju last night. He heaved a deep sigh when he realized they're all dressed up and nothing else seemed to have happened last night.

He then completely rose up from the bed, covered Ah Rin up again with the blanket, and left her to sleep a bit more. He then went to the bathroom to wash up and to the living room to check the situation they left last night.

It wasn't that messy though but they actually left the empty plate and glasses at the coffee table, had the TV in sleep mode and the bottles of soju was still on the kitchen. He ruffled his hair and just started to clean up the small mess.

As he was cleaning up at the coffee table he saw Ah Rin's mp3 player and everything just flashed back into him. "Aaaaaah! I can't believe I cuddled to sleep with her? Oh my God," he said out to himself while covering his face.

Young Hyun continued to clean and after he did, he decided to cook breakfast for the two of them. As he opened his fridge, the only food he can cook for breakfast is eggs. He doesn't have the guts to make Ah Rin eat oats for breakfast so he just took out four eggs and cooked them up.

As he was busy putting bread on the toaster, he felt his left arm being a bit heavy, only to find out Ah Rin was already there leaning at him.

"Oh you're awake! Sorry I only had these left. I haven't done grocery yet and would actually do one later," he said to Ah Rin who is still half asleep. She just nodded and went at some part of the kitchen and searched for something.

"Do you have coffee, Bri?" she asked.

"Yes I have! Just sit at the table already, I'll just serve everything up!" he said as he took out the toast.

"Thanks, Bri" half awake Ah Rin said and went to sit at the table. But instead of just sitting, she also lay down her head on the table to sleep a bit more.

Just about a few minutes later, Ah Rin's phone suddenly rang and so she rose up from her nap and was confused of where she put her phone.

"It's at the coffee table," Young Hyun said as he was making their coffees. Ah Rin rose from her seat and went to the living room to pick up the call.

"Thirteen missed calls what the heck? Hello, Samuel?" Ah Rin said out. Young Hyun heard her for their unit is just a studio type. And by hearing that particular name from Ah Rin, he felt like his heart stopped for a moment.

Ah Rin then went back inside Young Hyun's bedroom to continue to talk with the caller. Meanwhile, Young Hyun was very curious as he brought their breakfast at the table.

After setting the table up by adding a jar of strawberry jam and butter to add in their bread, he then went to the door of his room and laid his ears there and tried if he could hear Ah Rin's replies.

Meanwhile, Ah Rin who was inside of the room and is actually lying again on the bed, continues to listen to the person who called her.

"And then just about yesterday, she finally accepted me as her date to the prom! I'm so happy and excited, Noona! Noona? You still there?" the caller said.

"Well yes boy, I'm still here. Sorry, Noona's head is aching at the moment and is not functioning well. I'll just message you later okay? I clearly understood all your stories," she replied.

"Okay Noona. Take care there! See you again soon! Miss you Noona!" he said.

"You too, take care. I miss you too!" she said and then ended the call. She then once again closed her eyes to sleep and yes her head is really actually aching from drinking last night.

"Ah Rin?" Young Hyun softly spoke as he gently peeked in inside. He fully opened the door when he saw Ah Rin lying down again. He went close to her and sat at the edge of his bed.

"Ah Rin? Breakfast is ready~" he softly said once again. Ah Rin stood up and then they both went outside.

They had a silent breakfast and all but as soon as Ah Rin finished her sandwich, she said, "Sorry for the drinking session last night and also for tolerating my drunk self aaaand for this breakfast"

"Nah it's okay! I enjoyed playing games anyway and it's been a while since I tasted soju hahaha," Young Hyun replied.

"You're going to the grocery later right? Can I come with you? I need to restock also," Ah Rin asked.

"Oh yes, sure. I'll be doing that at 5, is it okay?" Ah Rin nodded and they proceeded with their breakfast. The day went on and then the time came where they'll go shopping.

Casually strolling around and picking up some products, Young Hyun noticed from afar that Ah Rin was talking with a guy who he is not familiar with. He wasn't going to give much attention to them but when he saw them laughing, he came to them naturally as if he was looking for a certain product.

"Oh, Ah Rin! Are you done?" jealous Young Hyun approached them naturally. Ah Rin excused herself from the guy he was talking to and answered Young Hyun.

"Well yes, I was just about to look for you but you’re here anyway. Just a moment, Bri!" she said and turned again. She talked once again with the guy and later on bid goodbye. The dude smiled at Young Hyun too before he left.

"Who was that?" Young Hyun immediately asked.

"Why are you asking?" Ah Rin replied back a question.

"Why? Can't I just ask?" he said.

"But why does your face and voice tone sounds as if you're jealous?" Ah Rin said with a cheeky smile.

"What? I'm not jealous? Why would I get jealous?" Young Hyun defended. Ah Rin just laughed off a little and went on to walk to the cashier.

They fell in line on different counters and waited for each other to finish up. Their walk to the parking lot was silent too not until they got in the car.

"Okay so answering your question, Young Hyun, the dude earlier was Chris. He was that Korean exchange student in my class that I first befriended in LA. You okay now?"

"Why are you asking me if I'm okay? I'm fine though?" he said.

"Yeah but your eyebrows says they're mad. Don't deny it anymore, Young Hyun. Don't act as if you didn't make that voice message," Ah Rin said with a little laugh and that made Young Hyun actually feel better. He really can't hide his feelings anymore.

Their small journey went on and they peacefully went up to their units. Just before Ah Rin was to enter her unit, she called out to Young Hyun who just found his keys.

"Last night... I wasn't actually really that drunk. Really! I wasn't that very drunk! I can clearly remember all the things that happened last night. And I just want to say is that... What I've said... was true... I meant those words for you, Young Hyun," she said. Young Hyun was just standing there and looking at her, don't know what to reply. Ah Rin then just smiled at him and entered her unit.

Meanwhile, Young Hyun was still dumbfounded there and recalled the things that Ah Rin told him.

"Joahamnida, Young-ie, joahamnidaaaaa" as he remembered that thing his jaw dropped and he couldn't believe what he's just realizing.

He went in to his unit, still in shock as he sat down the sofa.

"Am I thinking it right? She? She likes me? She said she likes me? Oh no, don't expect much Kang Young Hyun! Don't expect too much! BUT SHE SAID SHE WASN'T THAT DRUNK AND ALL OF IT WERE TRUE! SHE MADE ME CUDDLE WITH HER AAAAA!" he said out to himself and then rolled over the sofa.

"Oh my God, Jung Ah Rin!" he said again and couldn't just contain his feelings.