Thirty Nine

Part XXXIX.

DAY6 had been doing great on the past months after their debut. It was really a success and they can be considered monster rookies on their genre. After a few months passing by, they came back with their second mini album, Daydream. They had various gigs and buskings for promotions. And months had passed and it's finally Chuseok holiday! Which means, everyone is allowed to go home to their families to enjoy the holiday.

Young Hyun was so excited to go home because the only home he has is his condo unit. His family is in Toronto, a few days off isn't enough for him to visit them. The rest of them just went back to their hometowns.

Just as he arrived at the lobby he ran onto Mrs. Byun, a neighbor he and Ah Rin got close too.

"Is that you, Young Hyun?" the lady in her late 50s asked him as he greeted her.

"It is your old neighbor! How's life, Mrs. Byun?" he asked back.

"Oh I'm doing great! My son's finally coming home from his enlistment! That's why I went to the market a while ago!" she said and raised up the plastic bags she was holding.

"I saw you and your band the other day on TV. You kids look amazing and your song is great! Home for the Chuseok holidays?" they then entered the elevator.

"Yes! And thank you for the compliments. Uhmm Mrs. Byun?"

"Yes?"

"Is she still staying here?"

"Oh you mean that girlfriend of yours? She moved out last year!" she replied.

"By any chance... have she told you where she moved?" he asked again.

"Oh no, dear.... She just bid goodbye to me the moment she moved out. But as far as I know, she still comes here every weekend! I always see her here every weekend. Must've been her stress get-away from work or something," she said as she stopped from walking.

"Alright then, I'll go enter my home now and cook my son's favorite food! Nice to see you again here, Young Hyun," the lady smiled and Young Hyun smiled back at her. He then continued to walk a little more to reach his unit which was two units away from Mrs. Byun's.

He took out the keys from his bag and unlocked his unit's door. He first checked the switch box near the door to see if the power is off or not but it appears to be on. As he opened the lights, he expected his unit to be all dusty and his furnitures should already be covered with sheets and such but no. It was, in fact, very clean and fresh looking.

"She still comes here... does she?" he whispered to himself. He looked around and everything was, indeed, still in place as if he never really left the place. He entered his room and he was happy to see the fox plushie he won for Ah Rin on their first date laying on his bed.

"You still come here," he said as he hugged the stuffed toy with a smile.

*

"Are you sure you'll be fine here alone?" Yoon Oh asked.

"I'm used to being alone. I'll be fine here, don't worry," Ah Rin replied.

"Okay then. Let me just send you upstairs," - Yoon Oh

"No need! You can go home already. I can handle myself!" - Ah Rin

"Aigoo! Okay Miss Independent, have fun on your holiday! Don't forget your meds okay?" - Yoon Oh