Sixteen

Part XVI.

"Yah, Lee Sian... Why do you look so down today?" Ah Rin broke the silence between the two of them at the bleachers, killing time from their break.

Sian took a deep breath and took a sip from her banana milk. "One of my group mates had an accident two days ago and now she couldn't be able to join the contest we're joining in..." she spoke.

"Oh... That's pretty bad... Is she okay though?" Ah Rin asked.

Sian nodded as an answer and added, "She injured her left leg but she said it's not that serious and that she'll recover anytime. But the thing is... She can't really participate," Sian then lowered her head as if she was crying.

"AAAAAAH Eotteokhae? That contest is a contest that we need to win on! The prize is a scholarship for the school a member is attending... And we're doing this for Chowon... She badly needs that scholarship..." Sian added and ended her sentence with a pout.

"Uhmm... Hi but maybe she could help?" someone spoke from behind them. Sian and Ah Rin looked behind them and the one who spoke appears to be Eunbi and along with her was the other members, Chowon and Saeron.

"Who? Me?" Ah Rin pointed out to herself. The three girls then sat near next to Sian and Ah Rin. Chowon was behind them, Eunbi was beside Sian and Saeron was beside Ah Rin.

"Wonpil, as well as the others, have told me a lot of stories about you. I wasn't really going to ask them before but I couldn't stop myself asking about you because Jae always comes like "Aaaaaah I miss Ah Rin already!" and all would just say the same thing," Saeron said.

"Oh! Right! Young Hyun had also been telling me about how much he--- I mean they love you so much as a friend! He really told such great stories about you and how beautiful and charming your voice is that it made him fa-- it made him really happy hehe" Sian said.

"So are you okay if you'd help us out here? The contest is kinda in two days and it'll be hard for us to change everything from the start... Well at least if you could help out, we'll help you memorize and master everything in two days!" Eunbi said.

"I uhmm... What are we going to do anyway?" Ah Rin asked.

"Originally, our member who can't participate, Sihyun, is the center. It means that she's somehow always the one in the middle and needs to attract and amaze the audience. She's also a rapper for this part," Eunbi explained

"Wait, rap? Oh dudes wait I only sing and are we dancing? I'm not a good dancer neither!" Ah Rin complained

"I'm not a good dancer in our group yet, Eunbi unnie chose me," Sian said.

"I'm a vocalist too but we needed one more rapper that's why I volunteered to... Pleeeaaaase Ah Rin unnie help us out! Jebaaaal!" Chowon said.

"Come on Ah Rin! I believe you can do this! Though I haven't heard your singing voice yet, I know you have a great voice and we could work on your dancing skills overnight! Let's go Ah Rin!" Sian even encouraged her more.

"Eeeeeeh? This is for good deeds right? Okay then... I'll try my very best to dance..." Ah Rin said and they all cheered in happiness. Chowon hugged her and thanked her a lot of times.

"Thanks for accepting our request Ah Rin! I'm gonna let Sian guide you all the way to our studio where we would be practicing for two days. See you tonight! And Sian, please help her out with the song already," Eunbi said.