Ch02

Izuku gently shook his head in response.
"No, I don't remember at all."

"I see..."
Ochako lowered her gaze.

The brunette turned her head away from Izuku to look a dead-serious Tenya in the eye.

Seeing the look on her face, he immediately began,
"No, you can't tell him. Not yet. It's not the right time."

"When will the right time be, exactly? He deserves to know!"
Ochako grabbed Izuku's scarred hands and stared into his glassy eyes at her emerald reflection.

"If it were any one of us, I-"

"Could you not be so stubborn about this? It's too serious an ordeal-I'm telling you; he's not mentally prepared. You're going to end up hurting him."

"Why are you two speaking about Midoriya as if he's not right there?"
Shoto inquired in a low voice.

By now, the rest of the room had even less to say than before. Even Mina's choking sobs had come to a halt as the exchange began.

Tenya removed his glasses, pinching at the bridge of his nose.
"Look...I'm not saying that he won't ever know-it's all over the news, for crying out loud-but Midoriya needs as much time to heal and digest what he's currently aware of as much as possible. Do you understand, Uraraka?"

"Why don't we ask Deku what he wants?"
Ochako turned to Izuku, placing her pale, soft hands on either side of his face.

She stared at him intently, refraining from blinking even once.
"Deku, do you want to know what happened?"

Izuku gulped, before breaking eye contact with Ochako.

His gaze aimlessly wandered the faces of his friends and comrades in a seeking manner.
He wanted a hint, an expression that said he really didn't want to know what he'd done.

Present Day

"....dori..."

"...idoriya."

"...Midoriya..."

A calm, soothing voice reiterated.

Viridescent pupils flickered back to reality.

"Mm?"

The somewhat disoriented Izuku replied haphazardly.

He glanced up at the slender man who sat opposite him, worried heterochromatic eyes staring back at his. It sunk in that he wasn't quite helping his case...

"I'm sorry, Sho."

He gave a gentle smile,

"What was the question?"

Shoto sighed, combing his fingers through dual-coloured hair.

"You were going to tell me what you remembered. From that day."

"I mean...It's been almost two years, Sho. I don't think--"

"Midoriya."

Shoto leaned towards the rectangular coffee table that separated them, placing his pen and clipboard onto the spotless surface.