Seven: Wait, What?!

~Axton~

It's been a few years since we pulled Juniper from Opportunity, and it has been amazing having her here. Lilith got fatally injured in a firefight with a Badass Constructor and several WAR Loaders. We couldn't get her to Zed in time, so we buried her next to where we had placed Roland in Liar's Burg. It made sense to have them together. Juniper and I now run the Crimson Raiders, and she works best in a place of power. I can see how the trait could lure in her ex-husband. Jack had finally accepted that Juniper wanted to be with me, and now the loaders have no problem trying to shoot at her. I had given her the same ring I did Sarah, and she wore it on a chain on her wrist. She wanted me to keep the tags. We were so close, so perfect, it was as if it had always been like this. It was paradise, and it was never going to change. I was so happy. I was out on the balcony at the Raiders headquarters, and I noticed how Juniper was acting funny. 

She was spending more time with Zed and Moxxi, and was dressing in baggier clothing. Mordecai had come out to join me, so I figured I'd ask him about it. 

" Hey, Morty, you know why June Bug been acting funny?" 

" Nope. She's been avoiding everyone it seems. Only really talking to Maya, Gaige, and Moxxi. I wonder if it's just girls shit, but something tells me different."

" I'm gonna go bug Mox about this. She'll have answers." 

I jumped from the balcony and landed with practiced ease, walking over to Moxxi's and found her behind the bar. 

" Hello, sugar. How can I help you?"

" What's going on with Juniper?" 

" I can't tell you. This is personal between the two of you and I can't be saying things just yet." 

" She's got beef with me? What did I do?" 

" Not beef, sugar. Just go talk to her. She's over at Maya's right now."

" Alright, will do." 

I left for Maya's only to run into Juniper on my way. She was wearing a smile, and gave me a kiss. 

" Hello, darlin'. How you doing?" 

" I actually was looking for you. I called for all of us raiders to a meeting." 

" Oh, alright. Lead the way, June Bug." 

She gave me her signature smile, and we walked hand in hand to the headquarters, Mordecai, Brick, and the other Vault Hunters that came in with me on the train were sitting around the table, all looking on in either curiosity or worry.

" What's going on, Juniper?" 

" Axton, please sit down. You'll want to be sitting." 

" Am I in trouble? " I ask as I sit down. 

" No. Actually, I have good news for all of you. I sadly will be calling it quits as a soldier for the Raiders, because I'm carrying my own little raider as we speak." 

 Maya gave happy screeches, while Gaige and Tina were smiling. The rest of us guys were lost. 

" What? I'm lost." 

" Axton, we're having a baby."

I felt my blood run cold, and my heart stop. A baby? Did I hear her right? She had to pranking me. I wasn't ready, I can't raise a child here. 

" You serious June Bug?" 

" Yes. I'm serious. A little boy. I waited until after the first trimester to tell everyone, just to make sure he's ok. Are you happy?" 

I got up and gave her the biggest kiss I could. I may not be ready, but I wasn't going to fail them. 

" I am. Did you pick out a name yet?" 

" Xiper. It's a combination of our names, sort of. You like it?"

" I love it. I love him, and I love you." 

All of our friends gave us congratulations, and that's when it really hit me. I can't raise a child here on Pandora. 

" Juniper, we can't raise our son here, on Pandora. It's not safe." 

" Well, neither is Promethia or Elpis, but at least here, we have the other Raiders to keep him safe. We can go anywhere in Pandora, but I'm not leaving, not to mention I'm unable to do space travel in this condition." 

" I don't want Xiper to get wrapped up in our war." 

" Neither do I, but what choice do we really have? Look, there's a place in the Highlands called Overlook. It's a quiet town, and yes, it's watched heavily by Hyperion,but it's our best bet."

"No! Jack cannot find out about Xiper! He'd kill him as soon as look at him. Let's just stay here, in Sanctuary, where for now at least it's relatively safe." 

" We have six months to figure this out, Ax, so relax." 

She kissed me, and my worries melted away.

{Handsome Jack}

I had just overheard the most interesting news about my ex-wife. She was with baby, and it was that fuckin' ex-Dahl Vault Hunter's. Xiper. It was a zippy name, and it suited the bandit spawn. I knew that it was either now or never to finally rid this map of Sanctuary. If I did this properly, I could raise this boy to be my own, to be like me. I just had to wait for the perfect chance. 

" Xiper, when I get my hands on you, the first thing to change will be that name. Then from there, we will turn you into the perfect bandit slayer and Hyperion crusader." 

I bark out orders for all soldiers to look for Commander Axton and Commander Juniper, and to seize them both alive.

" I swear you hurt Juniper, I'll gut you like a cheap hooker! She's holding a precious key to Hyperion's victory." 

Once satisfied, I looked back on my screen and saw the beautiful family of bandits and Vault Hunters all celebrating, while they made room for a little one that they would never get to know.