#4

Recap : Gopal kaka received a letter from Oberoi's and decided to take care of ShivOmRu as the Oberoi's had requested him to do.

--------------

Gopal kaka didn't know how to face Shivaay after reaching home.

He knew that Shivaay was mature enough and deserved to know the truth but at the same time kaka also felt like telling him everything will only add up to his worries and may ruin his childhood.

So Gopal kaka told him the partial truth.

"Shivaay baba, mujhe aj apke mummy papa ka sandesha mila...Woh chahte hai ki aap tino kuch din mere saath raho." ("Shivaay baba, I received your parents'message today...They want you 3 to stay with me for a while.") Gopal kaka said shortly.

"Sacchi ? Kya aap mile unse ? Kya woh thik hai ? Kya woh hume lene aayenge ? Unka uss don se koi sambandh nahi hai na ?" ("Really ? Did you meet them ? Are they alright ? Will they come to take us back home ? They aren't related to that don in anyway, are they ?") Shivaay asked in one go. His eyes were so hopeful that Gopal kaka couldn't look him in the eyes.

"Nahi, woh mujhe nahi mile...Aur nahi unka uss don se koi sambandh nahi hai, unhe kisine phasaya hai." ("No, I didn't meet them...And no they ain't related to that don, they have been trapped by someone.") Gopal kaka replied.

Gopal kaka didn't want Shivaay to get involved in all this stuff but he also didn't want ShivOmRu to hate their parents for something they may or may not have done.

"Kya papa, maa, badi maa, bade papa, dadi sabko police pakad legi ?" ("Will police arrest dad, mom, badi maa and bade papa ?") Shivaay asked worriedly. "Pr unhone kuch nahi kiya." ("They didn't do anything wrong.") He said desperately.

"Baba, aap tension mat lijiye. Tej sir aur Shakti sir sab sambhal lenge." ("Baba, don't worry. Tej and Shakti sir will handle it all.") Gopal kaka assured but Shivaay wasn't convinced.

For the next few weeks, Shivaay made sure he watched news everyday just to make sure his family was safe or to know at least something about them.

At some point, Shivaay just watched news to see the pictures of his parents. He missed them so badly but he was not allowed to be weak, that's what he told himself.

For a few days after Gopal kaka received the letter, they used to receive blank calls on the landline, Gopal kaka never complained about it though, infact he always asked Shiv, Om or sometimes even Ru to receive those blank calls cause for some strange reason he felt that it was Oberoi's who were dying to hear their kids' voice.

But after a week those calls stopped.

Shivaay's hopes of meeting his family had started to slowly disappear as the weeks flipped by.

Shivaay was growing more and more quieter than usual. Kaka tried his best to assure Shivaay that everything's going to be okay but Shivaay wasn't having none of it.

Shivaay cried himself to sleep almost every night for God knows how many days. He refused to open up and talk about his fears with Gopal kaka, which worried Gopal kaka but he was helpless.

It was summer when ShivOmRu had arrived at Gopal kaka's home but now the vacation was coming to an end and even though Shivaay was refusing to go to school until he meet his family again Gopal kaka forced him to go school.

However, Gopal kaka knew he couldn't afford the fees of ShivOm's current school so he got them admitted to a local school whose fees was affordable for him.