#21

"Rudy pass !" Prince yelled as he bounced on the ball of his feet, all alert and ready to catch the basketball.

"Yeh le !" ("Here !") Rudy yelled back as he passed the basketball which swiftly landed in Prince's hands.

Rudy was practising basketball with his teammates since past 1 and a half hour. He was after all the vice captain of the college basketball team.

"Basket ! Yay !" The team cheered as Prince threw the ball straight into the rim.

"Bas yar aj bahot ho gaya, waise bhi aj humara captain absent hai." ("Enough for today, anyway our captain is also absent today.") Vedant, one of the basketball team member, panted.

A cheer of 'yes man' & 'enough for today' echoed through the basketball court.

"Ok guys, let's wrap up." Rudy said and his smile only widened when he saw his teammates cheered again.

Rudy and his teammates skipped towards the changing room and dispersed to change.

"Hey Rudy, yar please yeh basketball kya tum coach ko de doge please ?" ("Hey Rudy, mate will you please give this basketball to the coach ?") Vedant came towards Rudy with a pleading look.

Rudy pulled his t-shirt down his neck and look at Vedant with a frown. "Aj teri turn hai balls coach ko dene ki toh mein kyu du ?" ("But it's your turn today, why should I do it for you ?")

"Please na Rudy..." Vedant tried. "....yar Gisha mera wait kar rahi hai." ("....Gisha is waiting for me.")

"Accha bacchu, date pe tu jaa raha hai aur coach ke pass mujhe bhej raha hai ?" ("Oh thats the reason, you're going on date and sending me to the coach ?") Rudy narrowed his eyes at his teammate. "Chal thik hai jaa, lekin agli baar tu jayega." ("Ok go, but I won't help you next time.") Rudy sighed and took the basketball from Vedant.

"Thanks dude !" Vedant grinned and presented Rudy with a quick hug before running off to find his girlfriend.

"Chale ?" ("Let's go ?") Prince asked Rudy as soon as Rudy reached the exit of the changing room where Prince and Chubby were waiting for him.

"Haan chalte hai bas mujhe yeh basketball deke aana hai coach ko." ("Yeah but first I've to give this basketball to the coach.") Rudy replied.

"Tu kyu jaa raha hai ? Aj Wednesday hai toh aj toh...Vedant ki turn hai." ("Why are you going ? Today's Wednesday so...it's Vedant's turn today.") Chubby furrowed his eyebrows as he read the schedule pasted on the door.

Rudy explained them both everything and Prince glared at Rudy.

"Tu humesha aasani se maan jata hai. Sabka kaam karne ke liye nahi baithe hum yaha. Sab tera faida uthate hai aur tu unhe uthane deta hai." ("You always get convinced easily. We're not here to help everyone. Everyone takes advantage of you and you let them do that to you.") Prince said.

"Prince aisa nahi hai. Mein sabki help nahi karunga, toh woh bhi mujhe help chahiye tab help nahi karenge." ("It's not true, Prince. If I won't help them then how will they help me when I'll need help.") Rudy replied calmly with a smile.

"Tujhe jo karna hai kar, mein jaa raha hu." ("Do whatever you want, I'm going.") Prince grumbled and dashed off from there angrily.

"Arey Prince ! Prince suno toh..." ("Prince ! Prince listen...") Rudy yelled after Prince but he went off ignoring the calls.