4| London

"I'm sorry Tommy!" Arthur shouted as Tommy pulled up outside John's house in his car. "Mollie's coming. She wouldn't take no for an answer, Tommy, so I let her come. It'll be alright though, she doesn't know why we're actually going to London, I told her we were going to look round."

Tommy nodded as he climbed out of the car. "Tommy's here." Arthur shouted to Johns opened window, "Hang on." came a muffled reply.

"John!" Tommy shouted and pulled out a cigarette, "I'm coming!"

"If she's not here by the time John's out of that house, we're leaving without her." "And tell her what, Tommy?" Arthur questioned, "We couldn't be bothered to wait?" Tommy nodded, "Yeah."

Arthur took out a small medicine bottle and took a drink of it, "Seven o'clock, twelve o'clock, ten if I'm still sober." He started counting out the times he would have to take it. "I got it from the doctor." Tommy took it from him and sniffed it. "Keeps me nice ad calm."

Tommy shook his head, "Same thing they gave us in the trenches to stop us fucking wanking." "Polly said it's good for me temper. It slows me down." Arthur argued but Tommy shook his head again, "Arthur, there is some things Polly doesn't understand. I need you fast," He tipped the bottle upside down and watched as the context dribbled out.

"not slow, eh?" Arthur looked on in dismay as Tommy threw the bottle away.

Mollie May appeared around the corner of the street with an overnight bag in her hand. She wore a cheap burgundy floral dress which fell down to her knees and a long coat over it, her signature burgundy cloche hat that seemed to go with everything.

She noticed that Arthur was avoiding Tommy's eyes and thought it best not to ask. John came out the door a few minutes later buckling his belt and putting on his jacket.

"She wouldn't let go of my fucking neck." "I'm sure that's not all she wouldn't let go off." Arthur smirked. Mollie looked away awkwardly, her cheeks heating up slightly at the change of topic and got into the back of the car, waiting for the others to get in. "You know she's against this, Tom." John asked as Tommy got into the car too. "She's got opinions."

"What's wrong with having opinions John?" she breathed as John zipped his trousers, "I didn't say there was. What are you doing anyway? Staying the bloody night?" He looked at her bag. "You don't expect me to go to a club in this?" She shot sarcastically and pulled at the neck of her dress.

John sighed, there was no winning. "Get in the fucking car." Arthur laughed, "Shut up." he whined as he climbed into the back seat with Mollie May. Arthur sat on the door and Tommy started to drive, the idiot would fall out if he didn't sit down, Mollie May thought. She supposed it would be better for everyone if he did, perhaps she would have more room in the car on the return journey.

"Right! The Peaky Blinders are going on fucking holiday!" he stood up and screamed to the people still asleep in their beds.

"Sit down." Mollie May hissed at him from the back and John stood up and pulled him down into his seat, "Mad bastard." he laughed and Arthur burst out laughing too. A smirk played on Mollie Mays lips as the car began its journey to London.

Half way into the long drive Tommy pulled over. He had stopped on a straight road which wasn't very busy, that ran through meadows and fields. There were trees scattered across the landscape and a river ran at the bottom of one of the fields.

"I need to piss." he said and jumped out of the car. "Same." followed John. Arthur nodded "I'll go too." They walked away from the car and disappeared from Mollie Mays line of view.