9

At some point, Remus had become so lost in his thoughts that he had forgotten just where he was and who he was leaning on. So much so that when Sirius cleared his throat and drew Remus back to the present, he nearly fell over in surprise. Nearly, but thankfully not quite. "We should, ah, probably head back now, Rem," Remus blinked, taking a moment to recollect himself. "Yeah, we probably should," he replied, knowing full well that despite her knowing exactly what was on his mind lately, Molly wouldn't hesitate to hex him for missing dinner. Either way, he didn't feel quite ready to go back to the quiet chaos that was the burrow;seeing as it had taken Remus so long just to enter his own home.

     "I don't suppose you're feeling just a little bit better now? You know I never was good with emotion...stuff." Remus nodded, a soft chuckle leaving his lips. "Yeah, that was fairly obvious as of fourth year when you figured out my 'furry little problem'." Sirius laughed softly. "You didn't exactly answer the question, but you do seem a bit better?" Remus nodded again. "Yes, I'm good now. Mostly." Remus glanced up to a bright smile on Sirius's face;clearly Sirius was proud that he had cheered Remus up, even a little bit.

     Remus snorted at Sirius's goofy smile, a smile coming to his own face. I'd forgotten how good it was to have my best mate around every day, Remus thought, eventually rising to a standing position along with Sirius. "Seriously, though, we should get back soon." "You mean siriusly," Sirius rolled his eyes at the common joke that Remus had pulled hundreds of times throughout their friendship. I guess, for now at least, being friends again isn't so bad. Remus chuckled slightly, then grabbed his wand from his pocket just as Sirius had apparated away. Remus followed soon after, the pair re-entering the burrow together. This did draw a curious look from Molly, which then caused Remus to shoot her a soft glare acting only to say 'don't say anything'.