11

"Hey, you're sure you're alright, Mooney?" Remus glanced up at Sirius, who had just entered their shared room, not responding for a moment. "Yeah, I'm good." Sirius shook his head at Remus and moved over to the side of his bed, taking a seat next to Remus. "Harry filled me in on what I missed..you must be feeling pretty shitty lately," Remus shrugged, looking away from Sirius.

     "It's okay to not be okay, you know," Once again, Remus didn't respond. Sirius took Remus's hand, not entirely sure what to do now. "Look, you have to talk about this with someone. If it's not gonna be Molly or someone else in the Order, then why not your best mate?" Remus gave Sirius a small smile, then looked away again, the smile falling. Remus tried desperately to ignore the fact that his heart had skipped a beat when Sirius had taken his hand.

     "...I'll talk about this eventually, but for now..." Remus trailed off, and Sirius gave his friend a knowing look. "No pressure, Rem, but I feel like there's something else on your mind?" Remus's heart stopped for a split second at this. "N-No, its nothing," Sirius raised an eyebrow. "Really, Sirius." "Well, alright. If you're sure." Remus made no move to detach his hand from Sirius's, and neither did Sirius. Inevitably, the pair fell into a comfortable silence.