12. Getting the boy to fang (III)

"Okay, Murray. Your turn." Drac said. They wandered away from the car and another one rolled up.

"Uh, excuse us." The man inside said. "Do you know where someone can get a bite around here?"

"Did you seriously just ask a vampire where to get a bite?" The woman turned and asked. Drac frowned. 

"Oh, gosh. I didn't mean... we're not from around here." He apologised.

"This is so embarrassing, just keep going." The woman felt her temple.

"Sorry to bother you, love your chocolate cereal." He said and they drove off.

The monsters continued moving. "So, what do you want me to do, now?" Murray asked.

"Denisovich, you won't believe it. The mummy can crash through walls and turn into a swarm of beetles," Drac was moving around to prove his point, "and put a curse on anyone."

"That sounds mean." Denny said.

"It's fun mean." Drac compromised. "Okay. So, check it out." He pushed his mummy-friend forward. "Murray's going to conjure up the biggest sandstorm you've ever seen. Hit it!"

"Sandstorm?" Murray questioned. "It's-It's been awhile."

"Not my problem. Do it. Say your little spell."

"O...kay." He sighed and smiled: "Frank, Wayne, Griffin, Irene, just try not to faint." He lifted his stomach to his chest.

The ones he named gave him deadpan looks. Murray waddled forward and his tummy dropped. He cleared his throat and positioned on the rock, moonlight streaming down on his wrappings like silk. He began posing and doing the worm and so on, speaking in a faux Egyptian language. Drac rubbed his hands together and bent over to see Dennis copying his moves playfully, as best as he could.

"Ow! My back!" The mummy had cricked his spine. He fell off of the rock, as stiff as a board. Only a small amount of sand dropped from the the heavens. Dennis laughed and began shaping it. "Oh, wait," Frank said, taking out a small carrot stick and two raisins from the backpack. He stuck them on the face of the 'sandman'. Everyone spare hurting Murray and grumpy Dracula laughed.

"How cute!" Griffin gushed. Drac twisted his nipples and he groaned and grunted in pain. "Ow! Ow!"

"Hey! Hey, stop that! Stop! Oy!" Irene pushed the Count off.

"Oh, so you have your first argument and suddenly you're best friends? What's next next? One of you murders the other and you're instantly engaged?" Drac scoffed.

"No, no." They chuckled awkwardly. "No way, definitely... no."

"Right?" Irene frowned and blinked.

*
They were back on the road when Drac began pouting: "Chocolate cereal. Are you kidding me?"

Frank had began eating 'fruit by the metre'. "It's okay, Drac. It's cause they love us."

"Yeah." Murray agreed. "Monsters are what's goin' on." Frank slurped the compressed fruit string like spaghetti. 

"Oh, yeah. You should embrace it, like I did." Griffin said. "I've got a best-selling work out video."

"You're invisible." Irene rolled her eyes. "Next time, put power or some'n on your arms and legs so they can see what you're doing."

"That's not me, guys." Drac dismissed.

"Come on, even Bigfoot's tearin' it up in the German soccer league." Frank grinned. He had finished his snack.