Chapter 24: Fresh Meat

"What's wrong?" Harry asked, as he entered his mate's room.

"Er, nothing." Draco's smile faded, and Pansy gave him a look, which clearly said, 'he might as well hear it from you then someone else...'

Draco shook his head 'no.' If he was going to tell Harry, he'd have to tell him in his own way.

"What?" Potter questioned, closing the door behind him as he entered,

"It's nothing..." The Veela smiled.

"That wasn't nothing, Draco! You nearly died! You writhed in pain! How is that nothing?" Harry was ecstatic. Ecstatic with worry.

"He said it was nothing, Potter, so its nothing." Pansy frowned

**

"I have to breakup with him." Draco stared as soon as Harry left.

He basically had to force Harry out of the Slytherin Common Room, and tell him to go back to Gryffindor Tower.

"What good will that do?" Pansy asked, dismayed.

"He won't end up dead." Draco retorted

"What will happen if you do breakup with him? He'll stop eating. He'll stop sleeping. If he doesn't die from not taking care of himself... Draco he needs to be ready, and healthy for the fight. We know there will be one." She snorted, "It's Potter. He'll wind up dead eventually."

"There is going to be a war..." Blaise said, coming back from making sure they were alone.

"I don't want there to be one." Draco said, like a small child.

"Me either." Pansy said, in the same tone.

"There is going to be one. You need to tell Harry. You need to tell him everything." The darker boy stated.

"If he told him everything... the Dark Lord would find out, and he'd kill Draco and his family... as well as us, and ours..." Pansy said, shaking slightly, wanting the words she uttered to be just lies and not the truth.

"By doing so... we could end up saving so many lives." Draco said, slowly.

"But we'd loose are own... as well as our family's..." She said.

"Look, Draco's father abuses him. Narcissa doesn't try to stop him from doing so. Pansy, your dad is in Azkaban and your mother tried to sell you to Wizard sex-slaves in Czechoslovakia! My mum... she... she doesn't even remember me... she just dates as many people as she can, and barely looks at me..." Blaise swallowed.

Pansy took a deep breathe, "I... I... okay... let's do this. Let's defy what they want us to do, and say and let's go fucking save some lives."

Zabini smiled sadly, "So... we're on Hogwarts side."

"We're going to die..." Pansy stated.

"I love you guys." Blaise said, smiling at his two best friends.

A tear slipped down Draco's face, "We are not going to die. I love you guys too."

"Me too." Pansy said, sniffling.

Blaise rolled his eyes, crying a little himself, "We are acting like a bunch of ruddy Hufflepuffs, aren't we?"

The three laughed.

"I would say we were acting like Gryffindors..." Pansy said, smiling.

Draco laughed, "We sure as hell aren't Ravenclaws... I'd say we're acting like true Slytherins... we're being shrewd, against are own kind. Witty enough to try and outsmart You-Know-Who and nd sneaky enough to pull this off."