seven

Tatum woke up, in her bedroom. Memories from last night came rushing in.

Her ex, Chase Parker, raped her.

She stood up from the floor in her room. She wasn't sure where the rape had happened and she was too scared to sleep in her bed, so she fell asleep on the floor. She decided to face her brother and best friend. Walking down the stairs, she heard voices from the kitchen.

"Tate, hey. How are you feeling?" Monty asked, getting up from the stool, walking over to her. He tried to touch her shoulder but she moved it back so he couldn't.

"How am I feeling? The fuck Monty? I was just told last night that my ex fucking raped me. ALMOST A YEAR AGO! why didn't nobody fucking tell me. You made me believe everything was okay. What kind of sick people do that?" She shook her head, sitting down in the seat, burying her head in her hands.

"I know. I'm sorry. We wanted to tell you, we really did but I just believed that if you didn't know, then it never happened." Monty shook his head.

"I'm sorry Tate," Bryce said walking over to her giving her a long, warm hug. She let him wrap his arms around her. As he pulled back she started crying.

"Why would he do that? What did I do wrong?" she questioned herself. Monty looked up and put his hand on her shoulder, her finally allowing him contact.

"Tate, this isn't your fault. If it's anybody's, it should be mine. I shouldn't of left you alone. Fuck!" He yelled, slamming in his hand on the table," I'm so sorry," he said while crying. Monty rarely cried in front of anyone. He only cried him front of Tatum, but that didn't happen very often.

"No Mont, it isn't. You shouldn't have to be with me 24/7. It isn't your job. Chase shouldn't of did it. I-I think I want to go to school today. Just today though,"

"What, no! are you crazy? I'm not leaving you alone there," Monty said interrupting her.

"I need to tell my teachers I won't be back for awhile. I need to get my work so I can stay on top of things," she said standing up getting ready to go back downstairs.

"NO! Chase is back at Liberty. I said no Tatum." Monty said getting angrier the longer they discussed it.

"Monty, I think we let her go today. But only today. We'll make sure someone is with her at all times. We don't have any classes but that doesn't mean I can't walk her. First she has with you so that's covered."

"he's suspended remember? Zach and I have first, second and fifth. Jess and I have third and I have six with Justin then study hall the rest of the day. And I sit with you guys at lunch." Tatum said, thinking through her plan.

"Fine. Go get dressed, i'll just drop you both off. i have to go out anyway," Monty giving her a quick kiss on the head. Tatum ran up the stairs to get ready for school.

"Since when did you start kissing her on the head man?" Bryce questioned looking at his best friend funny.

"oh, uh-, I don't know. why?"

"Do you like her?"

"of course I like her, she's my best friend."

"More than that stupid," Bryce said waiting to hear the truth.

"Yeah man, I mean who the fuck wouldn't? You can't tell her. Please. she doesn't like me like that and I can't fuck up our friendship." Monty said getting scared.

"She most definitely likes you too man. I can see the way her face lights up when she talks to or about you. I personally think you should tell her. Not right now obviously because of Chase Parker and his dumb shit, but once things get settled down more, shoot your shot." Bryce said patting his shoulder. Bryce and Monty never really had a heart to heart kind of conversation like this before.