eleven

Tatum pulls up to Jessica Davis' house in her black four door jeep. She walks up onto the porch and knocks on the door. The door opened revealing Jessica's dad, Greg Davis.

"Tatum, hi. I don't think now is a good time for visitors," he said holding the door opened with one hand.

"I know what she is going through. I'm here to help," he looked at the young teen confused.

"What do you mean 'you understand'?"

"um, because the same thing happened to me," she looked down at the ground fidgeting with her fingers.

"oh honey, come on in. Jessica, Tatum is here!" he called up the stairs. They heard a door open the footsteps.

"oh hey Tatum," Jess said in a quiet tone.

"hey uh can we talk?" Jess nodded her head and walked back upstairs with Tatum following her.

"I just want to apologize on behalf of Bryce. He's a fucking idiot and I can't believe that he did that. I'm so sorry Jess," by now both of the girls were crying.

"he's your brother Tate,"

"no, no he is not. My brother would never do something like that. not after he was by my side after what chase did. I don't know who he is but he's not my brother."

"how- how do you do it? how are you okay now?" Tatum laid a hand on Jess' shoulder trying to comfort her.

"trust me. I'm not as strong as I look. I needed to get my ass up and I realized that I'm not what happened to me. I'm not a victim. I'm a survivor. Jess, we are freaking survivors okay? We are SO much more than what they did to us. This doesn't define us." Tatum grabbed Jessica's hand giving it a light squeeze.

"I don't know what I did to deserve you but I'm really glad you're my bestie."

"I love you too ,"

+++

After Tatum left Jessica's, she headed straight for home to confront her brother. She pulled into her driveway and saw Bryce getting out of his car.

"Bryce!" Tatum yelled as she jumped out of her jeep slamming the door shut.

"Oh hey. I thought you were supposed to go to school today, and stay. Not leave before the day begins." He said laughing. Acting like nothing has happened.

"Why would you even care?"

"What do you mean? You're my sister and it's your first day back since we told you about Chase. Of course I care,"

"Then you wouldn't of done what you did to Jessica!" By now it was pretty obvious Tatum was mad. It wouldn't be surprising if you could see the smoke coming out of her ears.

"What did I do to Jessica?" The front door opened and Monty came out looking concerned at Tatum.

"You fucking RAPED HER!" Tatum had tears streaming down her face. Him raping Jess brought up bad memories she thought she moved passed.

"Tatum what the hell? Stop yelling. Come inside," Monty said walking over to her and attempting to grab her arm. Instead of letting him walk her inside, she moved her arm away.

"You knew didn't you? You knew what he did to Jessica and didn't tell me? Wow, okay. I get it." She walked passed him and into the house but before closing the door, she turned around, "never speak to me again. Both of you," leaving the two teens in shock at her reaction, she slammed the door shut and ran up to her room. She wasn't lying when she said she never wanted them to speak to her again. She was furious. She had every right to be. Her brother raped her friend knowing it would most likely get out after Chase did the exact same thing to her. At the time, he was just comforting her, talking shit about Chase, saying how he wanted to 'beat his ass' because of what inappropriate things he did to her. He even told her to go to the cops. Jessica could go to the cops if she wanted to but it was always his word against hers unless Justin also came forward. Jess is probably too scared to come forward or not feel the need to, which is exactly how Tatum felt.