Confession

A/N: This is the third and final part of my mini series. I recommend reading the first two before you read this one. You can find those just before this. I hope you enjoy! 

You were now sitting in your room. It was late. Really late. But you hadn't slept much at all lately, so this wasn't unusual. However, tonight was different from the rest. You were usually up because of anxiety or just general insomnia. Tonight, you couldn't sleep because of Loki. He was still on your mind, and it was driving you insane. Every moment you weren't with him, he was on your mind and it was making you feel like you were going insane.

You rolled over in bed once more. Val then spoke up. "If I hear your sheets rustle one more time, I'm going to throw something at you." You froze. You hadn't even known she was awake. She then sighed. "Look, Thor told me what little details he knew. I think I know what's on your mind...what you want to do. You know how I feel about Loki, but for God's sake, go to him. Stop thinking about it and go do something for once." Somehow, it seemed as though Val knew your feelings even better than you did at this moment. That was the push you needed. You got out of bed to leave your room. "Thank you, Val," you said softly. She just scoffed, but you knew she was smiling.

The long, brick halls were cold again as you wandered them. You didn't know where to go, but you had a feeling. You passed all the intricate windows and offshoots until you were back. Back to that kitchen. It had only been a day since the last time you were here, but it felt like it had been weeks. You stood around the corner so that you couldn't quite see into the room. Your hope was faltering. What are the chances that he was going to be here again? You felt yourself deflate a bit.

But before you could leave, you heard his voice. "y/n?" He had heard you from around the corner. Curse these old creaking floorboards. You timidly stepped into the light of the kitchen. Loki stood a few feet from you, a puzzled look on his face. His expression quickly softened and his mouth turned to a grin. "Hello there," he said quietly. You couldn't help but smile. Loki was no longer in his dashing uniform. Now he wore a simple blue pajama set. His usually smoothly slicked back hair was just slightly more disheveled than usual.

You looked at him in silence for a moment before he said "We have a strange relationship don't we?" You laughed a bit. "That's one word for it," you said looking at him. The two of you were still a few feet apart. You wanted so badly to go and embrace him or just be closer to him. You were just afraid. You'd never been so infatuated with someone while knowing so little about them. It was Loki who came a few feet closer. He stopped a bit from you and was waiting for you to make the next move. Instead, you asked "What are you doing here?"

You couldn't really figure out why Loki had come here in the first place. Unless it was for the same reason as you, which seemed unlikely. Unless... Loki looked like he wanted to say something. He opened his mouth but quickly closed it. You'd never imagined you'd see Loki Odinson speechless, yet here you were. "If you have something to say to me, please just say it," you said, your voice breaking just a little. Loki looked down and took a breath. "I haven't been completely honest with you," he said. You were expecting something a bit more dramatic than that and found yourself somewhat disappointed. That was it? Loki continued. "Earlier when I said that I was being kind just for the sake of it? That...was a lie."

Loki lying wasn't exactly the most unheard of, but you had a feeling this lie was different. You could tell Loki was trying as hard as he could to look like he was sure of himself, even though he wasn't. "I was being kind to you because- because I have feelings for you. I don't really know what those feelings are, but for the longest time, I thought you were the most beautiful girl I'd ever laid eyes on. And then when I had a conversation with you... I was absolutely crazy for you." As Loki stammered his way through confessing his feelings, your smile grew. You couldn't believe he felt the same way you did.

"I just...I want to be around you," he finished and was then quiet for a moment. You stepped closer to him. "I like you very much, Loki," you said very softly. He grinned. "Can I um..." Loki stammered. You knew exactly what he was trying to ask. You leaned up to him and your lips touched his ever so lightly. The kiss was light and tender. The two of you pulled away for a moment and looked into each other's eyes. Your heart was racing and you swallowed deeply before the two of you came back together and continued the kiss, more passionately this time. You were a little worried about getting caught by a teacher, so you pulled Loki into a little alcove outside of the kitchen.

His hands caressed the skin just underneath your shirt. He paused each time he moved to give you a chance to react. You could feel him smiling through the kiss. Your hands felt their way through his soft hair. It was insanely pleasurable. When the two of you had to break the kiss to get some air, you couldn't open your eyes for a moment. When you did, Loki was grinning slyly at you. "What now?" you asked. "Whatever you want, my love."