6 ~ Guilt.

HAHA

I'm not dead :'>

...

yet

Y/n's POV:

groaning. I blink my eyes back to life

the sun's light piercing into my eyes.

ugh

Laying there.

Feeling the hard ground beneath me, and the warmth of another being next to me. I can't seem to remember anything. I'm just- there.

I turn my head around, trying to sense who was there next to me.

It was a familiar scent. A somewhat- warm ... comforting scent.

I know this smell... a friend?

I yawn as I force myself to get up, wiping my eyes as the one next to me too stood up.

No one's POV:

After adjusting to the light, y/n and giyuu stared at each other. As if they had never met.

Giyuu's POV:
Staring into her eyes, I catch myself into a trance. Until I feel a sharp pain through my stomach, collapsing to the ground.

I remember now.

Y/n.

I could never forget y/n.

I felt her arms wrap around me as tears rolled down my face. Crying? Why was a crying?

I looked up to see where y/n was looking, her hand covering her mouth as she held back her tears.

Two figures covered in white fabric.
One smaller than the other, with masks similar to one I once had.

Wait...
Two figures covered in white fabric?

Oh shit

No

Oh no no no

It can't be

Fuck No

Shit y/n's crying too

Shit now I wanna cry

Shit stop saying shit

"Shit"

Y/n's POV:

The longer I stare at the bodies the deeper my heart drops. Nothing could describe this pain.

A cutting feeling, piercing through your heart as your mind forces you to remember.

Remember all the good times. Remember what you've lost.
Remember what you could've been.

We were meant to do this together.
- all four of us. The whole gang.

Giyuu held me back as I tried to run towards them, their faces were covered yet all I wanted was to be by their side.

Makomo

Sabito

I held giyuu tightly. We hugged as the other survivors surrounded us.
It was so cruel. The number of students that were saved by Sabito bowed their head as they walked past.

It was all just too...sad

No one's POV:

Y/n hid her face into Giyuu's chest. Trying her best to not bawl her eyes out.

"Sorry for your loss."
The selection's assistance bowed towards us and motioned us to face the front. 

We've won... but at what cost 

The assistants at the front talked about some stuff to do with ore and choosing blades or whatnot. Stuff you're supposed to pay attention to. Yet all Giyuu thought about was holding Y/n tightly in his arms. 

Sabito and Makomo were gone. 

As much as he hated to admit it, he had to pull himself together. Without Sabito, that meant he had to protect Y/n. Y/n especially. 

Giyuu let y/n muffle her sobs in his chest to prevent causing a scene in front of the assistants and other students. It was truly... daunting. 

Giyuu's POV:

I cradled her body in my arms. 

She was trembling, catching her breath every now and then, and cuddled with her. A sense of responsibility overwhelmed me. Thinking about how different it would be without Makomo and Sabito. I've lost friends that I valued as my own family. What a privilege it is to have such close friends. 

It's in these times when, you don't realise what's important to you until you've lost it. 

"y/n... it's okay, you...we're still in this. Together."

She looked up to me, her eyes glossy from her tears. 
I wiped her face with my cloak, supporting her torso to stand up straight. 

Without a reply, I felt her nod and position herself towards where all the other students were facing. 

No one's POV:
Holding themselves together, Giyuu & y/n held tight to one another. Keeping their thoughts to themselves, trying not to make the other sadder than they needed to be.

Holding her chest high, y/n lifted her head towards the sky

Choosing an ore with her heart shouldn't be too hard.

y/n repeated in her head:

'Keep calm. Survive now. Cry later.' 

 Author-Chan: