Chapter 9

Chapter dedicated to yeunaf , her happiness over this book makes me feel more encouraged. Enjoy the chapter!

***

I woke up with a smile on my face, the sunlight peeking through my curtains, it illuminated the room, and it dawned on me of the recent events. 

Today was Sunday and I was going to get to see Norman for another date. I felt the corners of my mouth rise and I wiped my groggy eyes.

I quickly got out of the bed and made my way through the bathroom. I put my brown hair into a bun and stared at the mirror, thinking about what outfit I should wear.

After practically spending fifteen minutes on choosing what to wear, I ended up choosing a white thermal shirt with black pants that were comfortable. I put on my black pair of converse, grabbed a grey jacket with glossy black buttons and made my way down the steps.

When I was about to hit the last step, I looked up. My eyes met his shades and a new suit that he had chosen for the day. I felt my stomach cast little flip flops at the sight of his face. His presence set my insides on fire, I felt so nervous.

"Norman," I said as landed the last step.

"Echo," he said as he crossed his arms. He smiled a crooked smile. I felt my stomach go through a loop of a rollar coaster.

I smiled back at him as I gazed down on his suit. Always classy and elegant.

"Where are we going?" I asked politely. I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear.

"It's a surprise," he replied. He smiled and held out his elbow for me to take.

I wrapped my arm around his, walking out of the building and onto our destination. 

I leaned my head onto his shoulder and I shivered from the cold. I felt him drop his arm, he wrapped it around my waist, rubbing up and down to warm me up a bit.

"How's your day?" He held a crooked smile. A breeze blew by which caused some of his hair to go up.

I turned my head at his way, seeing that perfect smile of his. "It was good until now."

"What do you mean?" he said trying to sound fake hurt.

I chuckled and leaned my head on his shoulder. "It was good but now it's awesome," I said. I felt the grip around my waist tighten as he smiled. "It's just better."

"That's good," he said. "You always make my days better."

"Really?" I asked. I couldn't imagine myself making someone's day 'better.'

"Yes really," he said. I felt him chuckle against my ears, I shuddered at his hot breath.

His presence made my legs feel like jelly. My stomach was filled with butterflies as he smiled another perfect smile.

"How far is it?" I asked. I didn't mind it being far if it meant more time with Norman.

"Maybe a few miles or so, we can get a taxi if you want," he said with concern. "Remember, it's a surprise."

I nodded. He broke away from me as he signaled for a car.

Finally, after a few minutes, he managed to get one after many attempts. I chuckled at his effort as he guided me in.

"Ladies first," he said in a husky tone. He smiled at me as he held the door open.

"Well, thank you." I chuckled and scooted in.