1.6; Unavailablity

Songs for this Chapter;

I'm Not the Only One by Sam Smith
Blank Space by Taylor Swift
Bad Blood by Taylor Swift

Ariana

Not only did we promise each other to remain friends, but we promised not to let what happened get in the way of our personal interest. We left this no strings attached and we basically forgot about it.

You see? I'm a good liar. But not good enough to believe my own lie. We didn't forget about it, and everytime we see eachother with other men, in my case, or women, in his case, we just stare at each other as if we want to just say something that we promised each other not to say.

And when we're together, in the library, or even in class, the tension between us radiates like a furnace. He glances at my lips constantly when we're studying or something, and I even have the urge to kiss him.
The feeling of his lips on mine that night burned in my brain like the memory caught fire but won't go out.
Thinking about it made my body ignite.
Thinking about him made my heart race.
And I hated it.

He won't speak to me at all, now. Harry had slung his arm around my shoulders, and before I went into Biology, he pressed a quick kiss to my cheek. I didn't see it coming but it felt like an innocent friendly gesture.
It's Tuesday, and Christmas is approaching.
And now, here I am. In Biology.

A man, who looks to young to be a teacher saunters into the room. The girls suck in breaths and I just ignore them, my eyes scanning the man- guy slowly. Tan skin, messy dark hair, golden brown eyes that mask everything but pull everyone in. He's got tattoos lining his arm. I see a strange one, Zap. He's wearing a white shirt and blazer with dark jeans. He's attractive, I won't lie. He looks around his early twenties. The girls who are huddled in the back, are giggling and rushed whispers are heard. I hear the boys scoff, and amongst those boys are all of the ones I know; Luke, Harry, Jai Brooks, Graham Phillips and just a few others I'm acquainted with.

Finally the young teacher speaks up. "You all can call me Professor Malik or Mr. Malik I'm your subsitute teacher for today."

The class' silence breaks after that and no one seemed interested in what Mr. Malik had to say anymore. I let out a soft chuckle, and unluckily for me, he heard. "Something funny, love?"

He's British, I concluded. "You."

Mr. Malik didn't have any discretion, he revealed a small smirk. "What about me?"

"No one's gonna listen to you, or respect you." I shrugged, folding my arms over my chest and nodding towards the chattering boys. The girls were whispering but shoving knives at me with their eyes.

"You seem to respect me." He said, smugly.

"Did you earn my respect?"

"I need to earn it?" He retorted, scoffing.

"If you really want it."

"Then I will, because now I'm more than curious about you."

I let out a laugh, standing up and slinging my bag onto my shoulder. "Intrigued would be the word, and if I'm correct, then.. I could even say you're flirting me." And he was. I found it odd, but I let it be. "How old are you?"

"Twenty one, but don't tell anyone, yeah? I could tell I won't be getting much alone time."

"Alright, sir." I mumble, brushing past him to approach the door. He and I are the same age and I don't think I should be talking to him. Wouldn't want to get the poor guy in trouble.